Removing ADSL from a phone line

Old May 26th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Billy

Default Removing ADSL from a phone line

Is there any way of removing/transferring an ADSL supplier from a phone
line if you have absolutely no account details for said supplier?
Basically, what has happened is I've moved into a house share, there is
already an ADSL service associated with the phone line, the other guys
in the house know nothing about it and reckon it was set up by a former
tenant who has since disappeared leaving no contact details, hence no
chance of a MAC code etc. I assume he had a 12 month contract and just
paid it up and left it running, but is there anything I can do?

Old May 26th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Billy wrote:
: chance of a MAC code etc. I assume he had a 12 month contract and just
: paid it up and left it running, but is there anything I can do?

Try to contact BT? They will not be keen to talk to you as ISP is their i
customer. Howver they might be persuaded to divulge WHO the ISP is in this
case! Of course, if they are still being paid, the ISP probably won't talk
to you either!
Old May 26th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Blessing

Billy wrote:
I assume he had a 12 month contract and just
paid it up and left it running, but is there anything I can do?

A change of the billing contact on the BT phone bill will cause the ADSL
to be ceased, thus allowing you to order a new install.

James Blessing
Technical Development Manager
Entanet International
http://www.enta.net/