Tiscali go for LLU

Old May 26th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Phil Thompson

Default Tiscali go for LLU

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2239 reports that as
a first step into LLU " Tiscali are to install their own ADSL hardware
in 27 exchanges and move existing customers onto this service"
providing both telephony and ADSL.

Maybe the 12Mbits/s Italian Job is on its way after all :-0

Phil

Old May 26th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Stefan Kaniuk

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
You want Tiscali to look after your phone line?

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2239 reports that as
a first step into LLU " Tiscali are to install their own ADSL hardware
in 27 exchanges and move existing customers onto this service"
providing both telephony and ADSL.

Maybe the 12Mbits/s Italian Job is on its way after all :-0

Phil

dream on, who in their right mind would touch this bunch of clowns,who
incidentally,never pay any of their ccjs in the uk, to look after their
phone line.

watch the complaints roll in.

Old May 26th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:29:24 +0000 (UTC), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

You want Tiscali to look after your phone line?

no, nor my broadband connection. Happy to have them acting as a
competititve pressure in the market though :-)

Phil
Old May 26th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Anton G˙sen

Phil Thompson wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2239 reports that as
a first step into LLU " Tiscali are to install their own ADSL hardware
in 27 exchanges and move existing customers onto this service"
providing both telephony and ADSL.

Maybe the 12Mbits/s Italian Job is on its way after all :-0

Phil

I would certainly use Tiscali if they LLU-ed my exchange. This is
unlikely though, as it seems no companies have an interest in my exchange.
Old May 26th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Stefan Kaniuk

you must be mad if you even consider PISCALI, are you not aware of their
repuation.
"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...

Old May 26th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Ian

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2239 reports that as
a first step into LLU " Tiscali are to install their own ADSL hardware
in 27 exchanges and move existing customers onto this service"
providing both telephony and ADSL.

Maybe the 12Mbits/s Italian Job is on its way after all :-0

Phil

This would be for their business product i would think as they need to have
their own equipment as they offer VPNs QoS and SLAs. and they are pushing
this big time since more business's want QoS over ADSL for voice.

Ian

Old May 28th 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Anton_G˙sen
o.co.uk wrote:

I would certainly use Tiscali if they LLU-ed my exchange. This is
unlikely though, as it seems no companies have an interest in my exchange.

You have no need of outgoing email then?

Old May 28th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter M

On 28 May 2005 09:14, "Andy Luckman" wrote:

In article , Anton_G˙sen

I would certainly use Tiscali if they LLU-ed my exchange. This is
unlikely though, as it seems no companies have an interest in my exchange.

You have no need of outgoing email then?

Unless you're suggesting they 'trap' port 25 traffic, and have broken or
blacklisted servers, one could use a number of services (eg yahoo.co.uk)
to send mail without touching the Tiscali servers at all. A domain name
(and hosting) of your own on some other service (not very costly) can be
another way to avoid their service and limit need of their mail services
for inbound or outbound mail :-) Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.
Old May 30th 05, 04:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9632

On 26 May 2005 18:00 GMT, in uk.telecom, "Stefan Kaniuk" wrote:

you must be mad if you even consider PISCALI, are you not aware of their
repuation.

Apart from the obvious (top posting idiocy) I have low regard for those who
consider it necessary to switch names to 'slang' terms, and generally treat
such posts with low importance, or simply killfile the poster... bye...