URL unreachable

Old May 27th 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XRM

Default URL unreachable

I am unable to get to www.egg.com or www.rbsdigital.com on BT
broadband. Sites OK via VPN tunnel through my employers network.

Is there some issue?

Old May 27th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Associates

"XRM" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am unable to get to www.egg.com or www.rbsdigital.com on BT
broadband. Sites OK via VPN tunnel through my employers network.

Is there some issue?

Both work fine with me...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0521-3, 26/05/2005
Tested on: 27/05/2005 10:05:56

Old May 27th 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"XRM" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am unable to get to www.egg.com or www.rbsdigital.com on BT
broadband. Sites OK via VPN tunnel through my employers network.

Is there some issue?

Try...
http://217.145.227.180
http://155.136.72.36

Old May 27th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XRM

Yes - OK with IP address, thanks

Maybe be some kind of DNS issue, as I already killed the firewall

Old May 27th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Pearce

On 27 May 2005 02:18:32 -0700, "XRM" wrote:

Yes - OK with IP address, thanks

Maybe be some kind of DNS issue, as I already killed the firewall

I have been having similar problems with DNS, I can't get to
google.com but google.co.uk is OK. It seems to be a problem with DNS
relay through the router, from the router itself I can ping all named
addresses without a problem.

Old May 27th 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 27 May 2005 13:02 +0100, "Joe Butler" wrote:

"Steve Pearce" * wrote in message
I can't get to google.com but google.co.uk is OK.
It seems to be a problem with DNS relay through the router, from
the router itself I can ping all named addresses without a problem.

google com has been redirecting me to google co uk for a few weeks now.

presumably they check the IP and for known UK sources, switch to the .co.uk
(which probably works fine unless one is on AOL, which understandably gives
non-UK IP addresses). Peter M.

PS Posting above what you quote is widely disliked, and confusing.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.