ADSL first time Ok?

Old May 27th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL first time Ok?

Dial up has satisfied my requirements for about 10 years and I still
don't need broadband. However, I'm under pressure from my wife to
provide faster WEB facilities and so I will need to move to ADSL. In
most of the usenet groups that mention ADSL broadband conversions I
see mainly bad news. How many conversions work first time? Just a
approx % will be useful.

http://www.easynn.com
Old May 27th 05, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:47:32 +0100, wrote:

How many conversions work first time?

over 97% would by my guess. The BT pre-qualification limits per
September 2004 were conservative. If you get the "Very unlikely"
message on the
www.bt.com/broadband checker it may not be as good.

Your wiring and your PC kit can be an issue, or course.

a snippet from BT "One important thing for BT is that the 17% of
orders that used to go to the manual records check is now down below
3%. The 4% that then went to the field for expensive field engineers
to test are now less than
1%."

Phil
Old May 31st 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

wrote in message
Dial up has satisfied my requirements for about 10 years and I still
don't need broadband. However, I'm under pressure from my wife to
provide faster WEB facilities and so I will need to move to ADSL. In
most of the usenet groups that mention ADSL broadband conversions I
see mainly bad news. How many conversions work first time? Just a
approx % will be useful.

My changeover at AOL was exceptionally smooth as also was a friend's with
little or no PC knowledge. Another friemd with BT had a number of problems
which took some time to resolve.

(kim)