Problem with Zoom X4 and BT Broadband Basic

Old May 27th 05, 11:25 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
simon

Default Problem with Zoom X4 and BT Broadband Basic

Hello -

I'm having problems getting Zoom X4 router to work with BT Broadband Basic.
It seems that data can flow out but not in again. When I starting pinging
against an external server, the pings timeout. I know this server responds
to pings when accessed over dialup. I can see the Zoom's Tx ATM byte counter
rising, but the Rx ATM counter stays static.

I'm fairly sure that the ADSL link is being created, because the Zoom system
log says something like:
01/01/1970 00:00:44 PPP1 Session is up.
01/01/1970 00:00:44 DNS: Add IP address 194.72.9.38 (Auto discovered)
01/01/1970 00:00:44 DNS: Add IP address 194.74.65.68 (Auto discovered)
01/01/1970 00:00:43 No Static Session Information is...

The line quality figures are as follows. Should I be worried?
Item Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 6.5 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 36.6 28.0 dB
Errored Seconds 2 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 2 0
Data Rate 2272 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Has anyone else managed to get a Zoom X4 working with BT Broadband basic?

Thanks,

Simon