shortest plusnet activation

Old May 28th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Default shortest plusnet activation

As above, what the shortest time people have got from ordering to
activation on Plusnet ?

Cheers

Dave

Old May 28th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 May 2005 17:21, "Marky" wrote:

I'm doing a one for a friend and its been 3 weeks so far.

What's the complication ? Is the exchange listed as having some capacity
problem (lack of space on the DSLAM for new subscribers) or what ? Lots
of people have their line activated and try going online before BT have
informed Plus.Net that the work has been completed (Plus.Net system is
usually automatic when it finds they've tried to connect, but failed,
but if it isn't set up within a few attempts a phone call to the 0845
number should get it sorted promptly). Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.
Old May 28th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dunga

"dave stanton" wrote in message
news

As above, what the shortest time people have got from ordering to
activation on Plusnet ?

Cheers

Dave

I signed up with PlusNet Friday last week, never had broadband before, they
told me 7 -10 days for activation and I am fully connected as of yesterday
(at 2Meg), 7days from start to finish!

Old May 28th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

It got submitted for activation, 2 weeks went over and nothing so contacted
support took 3 days for a answer then they submitted the work to bt, I have
a sneaking feeling they forgot to submit the order to bt or have been very
busy.

s.net...

Old May 29th 05, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Friend got Plus.Net BB active in 10 calendar days (on 12th May).
Regards,
Martin

Old May 29th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

We have done quite a few with our clients. The shortest was an order on the
Wednesday of one week and the installation of a router on the Monday of the
next week. Be aware that you may find the line activated by BT wholesale
long before the automated systems flag your line as activated.
Plug something in and see if you can synch - if you can then call support
and ask them to activate their end.

--
Colin
Old May 30th 05, 06:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:57:39 +0000, cw wrote:

We have done quite a few with our clients. The shortest was an order on the
Wednesday of one week and the installation of a router on the Monday of the
next week. Be aware that you may find the line activated by BT wholesale
long before the automated systems flag your line as activated.
Plug something in and see if you can synch - if you can then call support
and ask them to activate their end.

Aware of that, thanks.

Dave