Change of ISP

Old May 28th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Suckling

Default Change of ISP

Hello Newsgroup

I am currently deciding whether to change service providers to go to BT
Broadband. With my current provider that being Blueyonder i can get a phone
line added as part of my package.

I was wondering including line rental and BT Broadband what the cost
difference would be. If there is anyone here that has that package can you
let me know whether on basis of cost it is worth changing to.

Old May 29th 05, 03:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Chris Suckling" wrote in message
.uk...
I am currently deciding whether to change service providers to go to BT
Broadband. With my current provider that being Blueyonder i can get a
phone
line added as part of my package.

I was wondering including line rental and BT Broadband what the cost
difference would be. If there is anyone here that has that package can
you
let me know whether on basis of cost it is worth changing to.

On a BT line, you can choose a range of ADSL ISP's - not just BT Broadband.

Most require you to have an active BT line and BT's cheapest line
rental(that you can get ADSL on) is called Option 1 and is 10.50/month

Regards
Sunil

Old May 29th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Chris Suckling" wrote in message
.uk...
Hello Newsgroup

I am currently deciding whether to change service providers to go to BT
Broadband. With my current provider that being Blueyonder i can get a

phone
line added as part of my package.

I was wondering including line rental and BT Broadband what the cost
difference would be. If there is anyone here that has that package can

you
let me know whether on basis of cost it is worth changing to.

If you're changing from cable broadband, remember you'll have to pay BT a
line rental for the fone line. You can get ADSL broadband from a lot of
suppliers, not just BT
Also remember, if you are currently using a router on cable, it won't be
much use with ADSL ;-)

P.

Old May 29th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:52:38 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

On a BT line, you can choose a range of ADSL ISP's - not just BT Broadband.
Most require you to have an active BT line

most ??

Phil

Old May 29th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

On a BT line, you can choose a range of ADSL ISP's - not just BT Broadband.
Most require you to have an active BT line

most ??

Kingston?

--
[Kenism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures, and frequent use
Old May 29th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

wrote:

On a BT line, you can choose a range of ADSL ISP's - not just BT Broadband.
Most require you to have an active BT line

most ??

Some of the LLU providers do phones too.
Bulldog/tiscali?