o/t Ban the Frog !!!

Old May 29th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

Default o/t Ban the Frog !!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/Ginge...tion-sign.html?

Click here to sign

Sign the petition to have it banned

To: Mobile phone ringtone creators

We have all seen it, how could we not have. The sodding thing is on every 5
minutes either between each song on the music stations or nearly on every ad
break on the terrestrial channels. It's the so called 'Crazy Frog' which is
meant to be the latest craze. Original? Hardly, it ripped it off from a
slightly funny creation on the internet years ago which involved a race car.

Who actually buys this for their phone? What kind of person would want that
annoying frog with its penis hanging out(some people will say its his
bellybutton but who actually has a bellybutton that hangs like that?!) It
would be easy to say its just 'chavs' that order this for their phones to
show how cool they are by keeping up to date with latest trends but I am
sure there is a small number of 'other' people who have bought it too.

Now, the frog itself is only half the problem, the other half is the amount
of times the advert selling it is shown. On the music channels it's on after
nearly every song and its duration is nearly as long as the music videos
which is even more annoying annoying. Then we have the other adverts which
go through the so called top 10 mobile phone chart to get to this being at
the number one spot. It's kind of like when you were a kid of 12/13 who had
just discovered Beavis and Butthead, you wanted to get to the good stuff of
the animation but kept getting the annoying music videos. However, unlike
Beavis and Butthead in which we come to appreciate the music videos as we
get older the frog will always be annoying. It's a modern version of Chinese
torture, even Andy McNab would squeal if sentenced to this over and over.

This petition is to get the frog taken off our screens and let innocent
people get back their sanity and mildly good TV.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Old May 29th 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

http://www.petitiononline.com/GingeUK/petition.html

sorry here is link

Old May 29th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

weirdo,whos bothered about some silly petition, so what its mad millions for
the creators and thats aGOOD thing pal :-)

--
Earn cash from your own premium rate numbers,full support,low start up, rock
solid company

www.premiumriches.co.uk

www.premiumdreams.co.uk

Old May 29th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

http://tinyurl.com/a5b8m Sweet Revenge
Old May 29th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article , Stefan Kaniuk
writes
weirdo,whos bothered about some silly petition, so what its mad millions for
the creators and thats aGOOD thing pal :-)

**** off!!

Why should my enjoyment of TV programmes and adverts be spoilt by these
wretched ring tone ads, especially the frequency of them. The *only* way
to keep sane is channel hopping, just to please some low brained 25 year
old with a mental age of 6 with the taste of a toilet brush.

--
John Clark Constipation is the thief of time, but diaorrehia waits
for no man!!
Old May 29th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"John" wrote in message
In article , Stefan Kaniuk
writes
weirdo,whos bothered about some silly petition, so what its mad millions
for
the creators and thats aGOOD thing pal :-)

**** off!!

Why should my enjoyment of TV programmes and adverts be spoilt by these
wretched ring tone ads, especially the frequency of them. The *only* way
to keep sane is channel hopping, just to please some low brained 25 year
old with a mental age of 6 with the taste of a toilet brush.

On top of that, Jamster is owned by the same people as Valueclick - so I
hope you like spyware, cos now they have plenty of money to write "good"
spyware.

Bob

Old May 29th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"John" wrote in message
In article , Stefan Kaniuk
writes
weirdo,whos bothered about some silly petition, so what its mad millions
for
the creators and thats aGOOD thing pal :-)

**** off!!

Why should my enjoyment of TV programmes and adverts be spoilt by these
wretched ring tone ads, especially the frequency of them. The *only* way
to keep sane is channel hopping, just to please some low brained 25 year
old with a mental age of 6 with the taste of a toilet brush.

I have a solution to this. It may not work for everyone, but it does for
me. I simply record all programmes on commercial channels and watch them
at my leisure, fast forwarding through the ads. Can't remember when I last
saw one.

Ivor

Old May 30th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Marky wrote:

Sign the petition to have it banned

Censorship, blatant and moronic censorship of the worst kind.

Why is it that if someone doesn't like something they immediately want
to ban it?

Why don't you just listen to or watch something else. It's easy enough
to avoid if you don't want to hear it, and even if you do hear it, it
only registers as an irritant in the background to whatever else you
might be doing.

Or because I dislike the Daz commercials should we also ban them?

I do realise this petition might also be a ****-take and could even be a
further promotional idea for the tune, but felt I ought to say my piece.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old May 30th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John L

"The Caretaker" wrote in message
Marky wrote:

Sign the petition to have it banned

Censorship, blatant and moronic censorship of the worst kind.

Why is it that if someone doesn't like something they immediately want to
ban it?

Why don't you just listen to or watch something else. It's easy enough to
avoid if you don't want to hear it, and even if you do hear it, it only
registers as an irritant in the background to whatever else you might be
doing.

Or because I dislike the Daz commercials should we also ban them?

I do realise this petition might also be a ****-take and could even be a
further promotional idea for the tune, but felt I ought to say my piece.

--
The Caretaker .........

With all due respect, I don't think its the content of the advert, more the
amount of repetitiveness of it. Twice in 'EVERY' ad break is far too much!

Old May 30th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trust No OneŽ

John L wrote:

With all due respect, I don't think its the content of the advert,
more the amount of repetitiveness of it. Twice in 'EVERY' ad break
is far too much!

I wonder whether ITV 3 have shares in the frog?

This channel seems to be the worst offender.

I've finally found a benefit of coughing up for the TV license. No crazy
frog on BBC !

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments