BBC 'on this day'

Old May 31st 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco

Default BBC 'on this day'

I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This Day'
service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be around
56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent this is?)
This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable site, and one of
the most useful free (well, broadband is limited to license payers in
the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the UK) services I use.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old May 31st 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Slartibartfast

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco"
wrote in message
news:1gxfc88.7t2z4v1rpgcbrN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This Day'
service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be around
56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent this is?)
This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable site, and one of
the most useful free (well, broadband is limited to license payers in
the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the UK) services I use.

and the URL is ....??
--
Slartibartfast
To reply by email, remove the FJORDS from my address

Old May 31st 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
news:1gxfc88.7t2z4v1rpgcbrN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This Day'
service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be around
56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent this is?)
This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable site, and one of
the most useful free (well, broadband is limited to license payers in
the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the UK) services I use.

and the URL is ....??

sorry-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/default.stm

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old May 31st 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In news:1gxfgcx.gq34mv1h4pzamN%this_address_is_for_sp ,
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco
opined very noisily:

wrote in message
news:1gxfc88.7t2z4v1rpgcbrN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This
Day' service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be
around 56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent
this is?) This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable
site, and one of the most useful free (well, broadband is limited
to license payers in the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the
UK) services I use.

and the URL is ....??

sorry-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/default.stm

Would help if the BEEBs video server was working
:-(
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old May 31st 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

k...

wrote in message
news:1gxfc88.7t2z4v1rpgcbrN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This
Day' service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be
around 56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent
this is?) This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable
site, and one of the most useful free (well, broadband is limited
to license payers in the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the
UK) services I use.

and the URL is ....??

sorry-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/default.stm

Would help if the BEEBs video server was working
:-(

It worked for me just now - looking at the announcement of Liverpool's
withdrawal from European football in 1985 following the Heysel tragedy.

Old May 31st 05, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Martin Underwood opined very noisily:
k...

wrote in message
news:1gxfc88.7t2z4v1rpgcbrN%this_address_is_for_sp ...
I hope this isn't too OT, but I've noticed that the BBC 'On This
Day' service is now in broadband on the video clips- it used to be
around 56k, pretty grainy, now up to 256k. (Anyone know how recent
this is?) This is a welcome upgrade on what is IMO a remarkable
site, and one of the most useful free (well, broadband is limited
to license payers in the UK- I've only gotten 56k from outside the
UK) services I use.

and the URL is ....??

sorry-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/default.stm

Would help if the BEEBs video server was working
:-(

It worked for me just now - looking at the announcement of Liverpool's
withdrawal from European football in 1985 following the Heysel
tragedy.

Yup working now must have been a temp glitch
:-)
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old May 31st 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yddap wrote:

In ,
Martin Underwood opined very noisily:

[]
It worked for me just now - looking at the announcement of Liverpool's
withdrawal from European football in 1985 following the Heysel
tragedy.

Yup working now must have been a temp glitch

While extolling the virtues of the BBC website(s) in general, they
aren't without their temporary problems- I occasionally have problems
trying to listen to their online radio services, for example. Maybe just
high capacity?

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net