Tiscali remove 1Mbit 30Gb a month option

Old May 31st 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James B

Default Tiscali remove 1Mbit 30Gb a month option

Tiscali have removed the 1Mb (30GB useage) option from their offerings -
they seem to be going down with their service every week. At this rate
they`ll be back to 'dial-up-only' soon.

Old June 1st 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike K

On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:53:47 +0100, "James B"
wrote:

Tiscali have removed the 1Mb (30GB useage) option from their offerings -
they seem to be going down with their service every week. At this rate
they`ll be back to 'dial-up-only' soon.

Let's be honest about Tiscali, and sadly I am one of their customers.
They are a total and utter waste of space; I only wish that I had had
the common sense to have read sites like www.ispreview.co.uk or
www.adslguide.org.uk before I signed up with them in March 04. They
tie you into a 12 month contract and provide an extremely poor service
from which is very difficult/problematic to disentangle oneself .

They "do not support" migration which means that if you want to leave
them you have to "cease and reprovide" ADSL service on your phoneline.
In effect this means that you are left with no net access for at least
a couple of weeks and often more because of Tiscali's incompetence.
Read the info on ispreview and adsl guide and you'll see that it is
not uncommon for folks to have to wait a couple of months. On top of
that, it also means that you have to pay again for your phoneline to
be activated for ADSL.

FREE ADVICE FOR ANYBODY CONTEMPLATING SIGNING UP WITH TISCALI:
DON'T DO IT, YOU'LL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

MikeK

Old June 4th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

Mike K wrote:

FREE ADVICE FOR ANYBODY CONTEMPLATING SIGNING UP WITH TISCALI:
DON'T DO IT, YOU'LL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

I was about to sign up for Tiscali yesterday but stopped, apparently
just in time!

What stopped me?

Their web site doesn't render properly on my browser (Mozilla) but more
importantly you can only cancel by phone: not in writing, not by e-mail,
not via their website. Will they ever answer the phone I ask myself.

I signed up to freedom2surf. Now tell me that was a mistake;-(

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
Old June 7th 05, 01:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike K

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:13:58 +0100, Another Dave
wrote:

Mike K wrote:

FREE ADVICE FOR ANYBODY CONTEMPLATING SIGNING UP WITH TISCALI:
DON'T DO IT, YOU'LL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

I was about to sign up for Tiscali yesterday but stopped, apparently
just in time!

I signed up to freedom2surf. Now tell me that was a mistake;-(

Another Dave

Wise move, Dave. F2S are where I want to go, but I won't give Tiscali
the satisfaction of having to "cease and reprovide" my ADSL service.