UKOnline complete ********

Old June 1st 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Turner

Default UKOnline complete ********

I might later regret this post tomorrow but I'm completely ****ed with this
company.

I signed up in the beginning of May and was given a changeover date of 18th
May from Zen Internet. The date came and went and no sign of the transfer.
After days trying to get through to a human being and numerous mails I get
an automated email to say that my date is now 1st June. Guess what???
nothing happened today, still connected to Zen. Their CS is only open from
9-5 and when you do try and contact them you're on hold for the best part of
half an hour.

Life is too short I am going to cancel first thing in the morning and inform
my cc company to claw back all the money they have helped themselves to in
the meanwhile (50 connection and 29.99 monthly subs). Bulldog is looking
more and more attractive, especially since they're now doing 8mb services.

Don

Old June 2nd 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Don Turner" wrote in message
I might later regret this post tomorrow but I'm completely ****ed with this
company.

I signed up in the beginning of May and was given a changeover date of
18th May from Zen Internet. The date came and went and no sign of the
transfer. After days trying to get through to a human being and numerous
mails I get an automated email to say that my date is now 1st June. Guess
what??? nothing happened today, still connected to Zen. Their CS is only
open from 9-5 and when you do try and contact them you're on hold for the
best part of half an hour.

Surely, UKOnline cant do anything until Zen release the line?

Old June 2nd 05, 01:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Turner

I might later regret this post tomorrow but I'm completely ****ed with
this company.

I signed up in the beginning of May and was given a changeover date of
18th May from Zen Internet. The date came and went and no sign of the
transfer. After days trying to get through to a human being and numerous
mails I get an automated email to say that my date is now 1st June. Guess
what??? nothing happened today, still connected to Zen. Their CS is only
open from 9-5 and when you do try and contact them you're on hold for the
best part of half an hour.

Surely, UKOnline cant do anything until Zen release the line?

By issuing me a MAC code Zen have effectively already given UKOnline (or
whoever) the permission to migrate me. Zen are not the issue, it is UKOnline
which is at fault.. primarily for being oversubscribed and not having the
infrastructure to deal with customers, both old and new.

Old June 2nd 05, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"Don Turner" wrote in message
[...]

What you have to remember is they can't get it right all the time. I know 3
people who are with them and have praised the service so maybe your just
unlucky on this occasion. I have not seen that much negative press on them
either but maybe there are other people like you who would like to post
here?

Old June 3rd 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

In article ,
says...
"Don Turner" wrote in message

By issuing me a MAC code Zen have effectively already given UKOnline (or
whoever) the permission to migrate me. Zen are not the issue, it is

UKOnline
which is at fault.. primarily for being oversubscribed and not having the
infrastructure to deal with customers, both old and new.

What you have to remember is they can't get it right all the time. I know 3
people who are with them and have praised the service so maybe your just
unlucky on this occasion. I have not seen that much negative press on them
either but maybe there are other people like you who would like to post
here?

I've had a similarly negative experience with UKOnline. I applied to
migrate to the 8Mb service at the end of April and was issued with a 30-
day MAC by Nildram. UKOnline said they usually aimed for a 10 day
activation period. When this came and went with no progress I called
them up and was told that the delay was because my exchange had run out
of capacity and they were waiting for BT to put in additional kit. I
then got an email saying they would need a further 35 days, which puts
it towrds the end of June. My MAC has expired but still no word from
UKOnline.

Not happy.