HELP which isp

Old June 1st 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gadget

Default HELP which isp

Finally touching distance of broadband. Exchange about to be activated.
Currently have BT highway who will charge 50 to uninstall but if went with
their isp would waive the charge plus give usb modem and no connection fee.
Only problem is tied into 12 month contract and 30gb download which i dont
think is enough.

Quite fancy plusnet but this will cost 50 disconnection, connection fee +
cost of modem if I choose the premier unlimited download package. Can
anyone recommend another isp which will give me good download limit, free
modem and free connection but preferably without the yearly contract.

Regards

gadgetman

Old June 1st 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Quite fancy plusnet but this will cost 50 disconnection, connection fee +
cost of modem if I choose the premier unlimited download package. Can
anyone recommend another isp which will give me good download limit, free
modem and free connection but preferably without the yearly contract.

Regards

gadgetman

Whatever you do, don't bother with free modems, buy a router and if
you want to know why, google on USB modems in this group.

Dave

Old June 2nd 05, 02:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Plus.Net no longer charges up front connection fee (and will throw in USB
modem, but don't bother). Instead they will charge a proportional fee IF you
leave.
They are very reliable and good on customer service for which they won
awards.
If you not in to P2P / bittorent / binary downloads etc. (you can still do
it but they slow it down at busy periods) you should consider their 'BB
Plus' option which is only £14.99 for 2Mbs with no download limit.
Don't think you can find a better deal anywhere.
I am a happy customer of over two years now, just switched to the BB Plus
deal.
If you chose to sign up with Plus.Net please use my ID 'wester' as a
referrer and save me few pence, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old June 2nd 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"gadget" wrote in message

anyone recommend another isp which will give me good download limit, free
modem and free connection but preferably without the yearly contract.

Surely you'll want free monthly fee too?

;-))

--

J B