PlusNet £14.99/month - anything better?

Old June 1st 05, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roberto

Default PlusNet £14.99/month - anything better?

looking at PlusNet's Broadband Plus £14.99 a month, is there anything better
for the price?
the activation fee is waived after 5 years, seems quite a long time or is
that as good as you can expect? TIA

Old June 1st 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

looking at PlusNet's Broadband Plus £14.99 a month, is there anything
better
for the price?
the activation fee is waived after 5 years, seems quite a long time or is
that as good as you can expect? TIA

Suits me and lots of others. The activation fee has to be paid by all ISPs.
How they recover it is up to them. With Plusnet it is a sliding scale up to
five years. A sensible compromise it seems to me.

Peter Crosland

Old June 2nd 05, 02:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

There are couple of cheaper deals, but none from a solid ISP like Plus.Net.
I have been with them for two years now, price has gone down - always one of
the cheapest, speed up to 2Mbs, and now that I switched to the 'BB Plus',
there is no limit to downloads
(they slow down P2P / bittorent and binaries at busy periods, no bother to
me).
I can't see myself leaving, so if I was you I would not worry about the
potential exit charge.
If you chose to sign up with Plus.Net please use my ID 'wester' as a
referrer and save me few pence, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old June 2nd 05, 03:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Roberto" wrote
looking at PlusNet's Broadband Plus £14.99 a month, is there
anything better for the price?

Unlikely with an ISP with a decent track record, but I'd be cautious with
PlusNet at the moment.

They put a lot of effort into launching an FUP, which wasn't fully thought
through, and was eventually scrapped. What are they going to do next? Dunno,
but chances are that whoever you choose you will be with them for a year or
three, so it's good to be cautious.

Also, my experience is that their support seem to be competent, but somewhat
'less than willing' on occasions. It used to be far better than it is now.
The experience of others may vary!

With PlusNet being in such a state of flux, I'd consider waiting a while to
see which direction they are going in!

- Mike