Flashing green light still there! Cannot connect

Old June 2nd 05, 06:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

Default Flashing green light still there! Cannot connect

I have been paying Wanadoo since the 10th May for BB and I still cannot
connect.
I have had 4 lengthy phone calls to their Technical help line and I mean
lengthy! Have carried out all their suggestions including uninstalling and
reinstalling the software several times.
I also had a call from a lady who was enquiring "was I happy with my Wanadoo
service" I told her my problem and she said someone would come to the house
and fix this for me. So far no one.
I am in despair so today I have written a letter to Wanadoo at Rotherham .
I don't want to phone their technical help line again in case I get the
Indian or Pakistan chap on my last call who was extremely difficult to
understand because he spoke so quickly and indistinctly.
Can anyone help me?

Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Blair" wrote in message
[...]

You need to get BT out Blair. Wanadoo should raise your problem up to BT
for you, then BT will arrange to come out and visit you. Sorry, but you'll
have to contact Wanadoo again as BT won't talk to you direct.

Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 05:42:02 +0100, "Blair"
wrote:

I have been paying Wanadoo since the 10th May for BB and I still cannot
connect.

what does the www.bt.com/broadband number checker say about your line
ie speeds available.

have you tried with everything except the modem unplugged from the
line ?

if you have a master socket with a detachable lower half try the modem
in the test socket at the back see
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm#part3 for a photo.

if you have a BT plug to RJ11 socket adaptor handy try that instead of
the microfilter (with no phones/faxes/sky boxes/alarms/CLID units
plugged in). Just in case the filter is faulty.

Phil

Old June 2nd 05, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Blair" wrote in message
[...]

Go to your master socket (make sure it has a bt logo on it), unscrew the
bottom half faceplate, pull it out, now put the filter that came with your
broadbandd modem, with the wire into the socket, connect it to your PC.
If it stops flashing, its your internal wireing, you need to buy a wall
filter, they are about 15. If you are persistent, you could force your isp
to get bt out to replace it for free.
If this doesnt fix your problem then you have line issues outside of your
control and BT help is required, but this has to be initiated by your isp.

You would be surprised how many sync problems stop when you do the above.

Gaz

Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"Dave" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
I have been paying Wanadoo since the 10th May for BB and I still cannot
connect.
I have had 4 lengthy phone calls to their Technical help line and I mean
lengthy! Have carried out all their suggestions including uninstalling

and
reinstalling the software several times.
I also had a call from a lady who was enquiring "was I happy with my

Wanadoo
service" I told her my problem and she said someone would come to the

house
and fix this for me. So far no one.
I am in despair so today I have written a letter to Wanadoo at Rotherham

..
I don't want to phone their technical help line again in case I get the
Indian or Pakistan chap on my last call who was extremely difficult to
understand because he spoke so quickly and indistinctly.
Can anyone help me?

You need to get BT out Blair. Wanadoo should raise your problem up to BT
for you, then BT will arrange to come out and visit you. Sorry, but

you'll
have to contact Wanadoo again as BT won't talk to you direct.

Blair

Am connected at last by my own efforts
Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

wrote:

I have been paying Wanadoo since the 10th May for BB and I still cannot
connect.

what does the www.bt.com/broadband number checker say about your line
ie speeds available.

have you tried with everything except the modem unplugged from the
line ?

if you have a master socket with a detachable lower half try the modem
in the test socket at the back see
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm#part3 for a photo.

if you have a BT plug to RJ11 socket adaptor handy try that instead of
the microfilter (with no phones/faxes/sky boxes/alarms/CLID units
plugged in). Just in case the filter is faulty.

Phil

Thanks for your help. Have solved the problem and am now a happy Broadband
user
Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"Gaz" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for your help. I am now connected
Blair

Old June 2nd 05, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:38:17 +0100, "Blair"
wrote:

Am connected at last by my own efforts

so what did you do then ???

don't leave us all hanging in suspense

Phil

Old June 2nd 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

wrote:

Am connected at last by my own efforts

so what did you do then ???

don't leave us all hanging in suspense

Phil

I am ashamed to say that I had left my phone line connected to my laptop as
I was having to continue to use Anytime with my Laptop's modem and I forgot
to change it to the External Speedtouch modem
Nothing like an old fool!
Blair