Upload limit?

Old June 2nd 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

Default Upload limit?

Do ADSL providers with a monthly limit generally apply that limit to
uploads to?

-- Richard

Old June 2nd 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Richard Tobin wrote:
Do ADSL providers with a monthly limit generally apply that limit to
uploads to?

Some do.
Old June 2nd 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article , Ian
Stirling writes
Richard Tobin wrote:
Do ADSL providers with a monthly limit generally apply that limit to
uploads to?

Some do.

I believe they combine the download and upload figures and all count
towards any cap. So, yes!!
--
John Clark
Old June 2nd 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 2 Jun 2005 13:58 GMT, Richard Tobin wrote:

Do ADSL providers with a monthly limit generally apply that limit to
uploads to?

Generally yes, but I know AAISP (aa.nu) doesn't. So if you've plans to
have a webcam or experiment generating data (or even a connection that's
offering FTP service for downloads), then they may be worth considering.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/dghgq
I recommend them and save some cash.
Old June 2nd 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

John wrote:
In article , Ian
Stirling writes
Richard Tobin wrote:
Do ADSL providers with a monthly limit generally apply that limit to
uploads to?

Some do.

I believe they combine the download and upload figures and all count
towards any cap. So, yes!!

It varies. Some count download only I believe.
Old June 3rd 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 02 Jun 2005 21:28:47 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

It varies. Some count download only I believe.

and some don't count off-peak (overnight) periods.

Phil