Plusnet auto upgrade

Old June 2nd 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard

Default Plusnet auto upgrade

I'm on the Premier Account, 512 and my phone exchange was/is being upgraded.
If i can get the upgrade to 1mb will it just happen without notification or
will the let me know.

Old June 2nd 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I was told they will be upgrading accounts for free automatically over
the next few months. Once/if the modem syncs at 1 or 2 meg, or once you
know the exchange is capable of supporting a 1mb service, you have the
option to 'jump the que' and pay 14.99 for the speed upgrade. I'm on
Plus, upgrade price may be different for Premier.

Old June 2nd 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

There's a post somehere on plus net forum where you can d/load the BT
exchange timing schedule.

Old June 3rd 05, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was told they will be upgrading accounts for free automatically over
the next few months. Once/if the modem syncs at 1 or 2 meg, or once you
know the exchange is capable of supporting a 1mb service, you have the
option to 'jump the que' and pay 14.99 for the speed upgrade. I'm on
Plus, upgrade price may be different for Premier.

No...

If you modem/router syncs at 2Mb you *HAVE* been upgraded. You should be
able to surf at 2Mb speeds and if you dont/cant then contact Plusnet and
tell them.

If your modem syncs at 512kb and you can't wait for the upgrade to happen
within BT's planned schedule (july, aug, etc.. depending on your exchange)
then you can pay 14.99 for BT to go out as a one off to upgrade your line
and therefore get the 2Mb speed NOW.

Old June 3rd 05, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"James" wrote in message
The exchanges are perfectly capable of supporting the 2Mb speeds, however
as anyone who has gone from 512k to 2Mb, you have to be physically
upgraded at the exchange.

This is what BT does and this is what Plusnet paid half a million or
similar to BT for. The engineers go to the exchanges and upgrade each
customer one by one. BT supplied plusnet with their planned schedule and
that is what they are working towards acheiving.

Regrades are generally done remotely...

Regards
Sunil

Old June 3rd 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monkeyonasurfboard

Previous replies adequately state the situation - However be very clear when
you ask PLUSNET or in my case Force 9 - same people if you want to pay the
14.99 to jump the queue and in effect order a manual upgrade - otherwise
line speed will only be updraded when exchage is finally done according to
BT's Schedule

Thats what i actually wanted to do - but they regraded my account and
reduced payment eventually ( bit of a screw up) but they didn't order a
maual speed upgrade - despite me being quite specific about it.

Personally this now suits me i have saved money on the monthly subscription
for my current service 1mb and the reson for wanting an early speed upgrade
is less pressing now so i saved myself an additional 14.99.

Captain Pugwash

Old June 3rd 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:56:02 +0100, "James"
wrote:

The exchanges are perfectly capable of supporting the 2Mb speeds, however as
anyone who has gone from 512k to 2Mb, you have to be physically upgraded at
the exchange.

if they have elected to move your wires over to a different line card
or whatever then that's a management choice. The DSLAMs will support
8M on any line and a remote re-config would be sufficient to change
the end user speed.

Hard to justify calling moving a user from Port A to Port B an
"exchange upgrade", especially when Port A was capable of the task in
the first place :-)

Phil

Old June 3rd 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Fair enough. I was told in a ticket a few days ago: "Bt are currently
in the process of performing free speed regrades once your router syncs
at 2mg we can upgrade you alternativly you can pay 14.99 to jump the
que this can be done via the upgrade button on the portal." Unlikely to
be a que to remove throttles so this may not be 100% accurate, thinking
about it.