Demon ISDN -- broadband conversions

Old June 4th 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default Demon ISDN -- broadband conversions

Hi all,

Exchange is broadband enabled on the 15th. I have a home highway
setup with Demon using the Surftime Anytime option. If I get the ISP
to cancel the HH, which will get rid of the ISDN number, what will
happen to the Surftime option - does it get transfered to the
remaining line or cancelled alongside HH?

Also what are people's experiences of cancelling with Demon? I was
going to cancel after going broadband, making the payment in June the
last payment. When should I notify them of this?

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old June 4th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:57:06 +0100, Andrew Hodgson
wrote:

Exchange is broadband enabled on the 15th. I have a home highway
setup with Demon using the Surftime Anytime option. If I get the ISP
to cancel the HH, which will get rid of the ISDN number, what will
happen to the Surftime option - does it get transfered to the
remaining line or cancelled alongside HH?

the ISP won't cancel the HH unless you are having a "managed
conversion". Are you ? Which ISP - presumably not Demon ?

Surftime options on your phone bill are yours - call BT on 150 to stop
them.

Also what are people's experiences of cancelling with Demon? I was
going to cancel after going broadband, making the payment in June the
last payment. When should I notify them of this?

yesterday. Change the means of payment to Direct Debit then cancel the
DD at the appropriate time. Expect subsequent bills to arrive after
they should have stopped.

Phil