Disconnects

Old June 5th 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Disconnects

A few days ago I installed a Speedtouch 330 and converted my dial up
to ADSL. It all went seamlessly and was up and running in minutes.

No problems apart from disconnects whenever I stop using the
connection for a few minutes.

What's the likely cause?

http://www.easynn.com
Old June 5th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:36:18 +0100, Mark Carver

A few days ago I installed a Speedtouch 330 and converted my dial up
to ADSL. It all went seamlessly and was up and running in minutes.

No problems apart from disconnects whenever I stop using the
connection for a few minutes.

What's the likely cause?

A commonly reported problem is the Speedtouch 330 pulls a lot of current from
the PC's USB port. This can cause the problem you describe. Is it possible to
try a powered USB hub to feed the Speedtouch ?

It's already on a powered hub.

(Others will endorse chucking away the 330 and using a router, an excellent
solution if you have an ethernet port on the PC, and this will also give you
an incoming hardware firewall too)

I'll borrow a router if all else fails.

http://www.easynn.com
Old June 5th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:44:15 +0100, "kraftee" [email protected]&die
wrote:

Make sure that your inactivity time out is not selected in the DUN
settings...

It's not selected. No time out.

I don't know how relevant it is but I've got keep-alive set to 60
seconds. It isn't keeping the connection alive!

http://www.easynn.com