Belkin Router giving me better results then Netgear?

Old June 5th 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Default Belkin Router giving me better results then Netgear?

I recently switched from Pipex in the UK to PlusNet

I was on 512 kb/s and then upgraded by plusnet to 2 mb/s connection

Soon after I found the Net Gear DG834G I'd been using since December
2004 started to disconnect a lot, also the problem seemed to have gotten
worse and worse with Noise db levels first showing figures of around
9db, then falling to 3db, etc

I'd already upgraded to DG834(G)_V2.10.17 firmware

I tried disconnecting every phone in the house and still had the same
problem .. I then tried connecting downstairs at the Master Socket and
now have a noise level of around 18db and constant connection.

So I figured it was just our internal line combined with the new fast
ADSL Speed that was the problem, but today I tried a Belkin F5D7630 ADSL
Modem / Wifi / Router and it's giving me much better connection speeds
in my bedroom where I originally had the problem I get a figure up here of

Noise Margin
18 dB Upstream
11 dB Downstream

Output Power
12 dBm Upstream
20 dBm Downstream

Attenuation
31.5 dB Upstream
54 dB Downstream

So why is the Belkin giving me a much better result then the net gear,
plugged into the same socket, usin gte same ADSL Filter and telephone
cable?

Is there something wrong with my Netgear's hardware or firmware?