Residential package on a business line?

Old June 7th 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

Default Residential package on a business line?

Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

The line is in actual fact used residentially, but is billed to a business,
so the usage wil be residential 98% of the time, although the business owner
may utilise the connection *very* occasionally for the odd email here and
there.

I've tried Plusnet who seem to want to double the price of the equivalent
residential package (bar contention AFAIC 30:1 compared to 20:1) the pricing
of which seems ridiculous. They have cheaper business packages, but these
are confusing (Teleworker, Pro and PAYG) and I'd prefer something that works
on the basis of a fixed monthly fee for a fixed package deal.

Ideally looking at a 1 - 2Mb deal, for circa 21.99 - less 'restrictive'
bandwidth is preferred, but doesn't have to be 'unlimited' as such.

So long as the damn thing works, works well as much as is possible, and
isn't AOL, Tiscali et al, then I'm open to suggestions.

Old June 7th 05, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

Tx2 wrote:
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

AAISP allow this.
Old June 7th 05, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Tx2 says...
[...]

Eclipse do

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?...sinessservices

They do a range of products which are identical to the home services at
roughly the same price as home ones. Flex 1000 would cost you 25.52
plus VAT a month, no caps.

FR
Old June 7th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

"Tx2" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

I'm doing this with Nildram.

Old June 7th 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Tx2" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

Plusnet

I've tried Plusnet who seem to want to double the price of the equivalent

Try harder ;-))

From PlusNet to me when I asked the same question as you ...

Dear mr J B

Thats nhot a problem, in order to sign up for a residential account this is
what you need to do.

Sign up as normal, fill in your postycode and use the "autocomplete" button,
this completes the rest of your address and gives you a drop down box for
building names/numers. From this list select "building not listed" and
manually type in your building name/nuber. This will then allow you to sign
up for a home account.

--

J B

Old June 8th 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

J B wrote:
"Tx2" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package
on a business line?

Plusnet

I've tried Plusnet who seem to want to double the price of the
equivalent

Try harder ;-))

I did try a little harder - I asked the question in the Plusnet
Feedback newsgroup as well.

They haven't responded to my question ... so, i've signed the person
up with someone else.

I could have phoned them, I could have emailed, I gues, but,
retrospectively, I wasn't that interested in signing them up with PN, I
just wanted them to get a good deal a the right price.

Old June 8th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Wireless Reader" wrote in message
Tx2 wrote:
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

AAISP allow this.

Whose residential services are as expensive as business ones anyway.

Gaz

Old June 8th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

Tx2 wrote:
Can anyone suggest a provider who will provide a residential package on a
business line?

AAISP allow this.

Whose residential services are as expensive as business ones anyway.

But whose IPs (even for a residential service) are not listed as
residential. This means that people running mail servers can actually
send mail to (e.g. AOL).

Not arguing, but pointing out another side to it.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old June 8th 05, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 07 Jun 2005 15:02, Wireless Reader wrote:

AAISP allow this.

As do Metronet, which yesterday launched PayGoExtra accounts, offering
more generous monthly traffic volumes, at higher starting prices, so a
customer can now choose from essentially basic or extra at 500 kbps,
1000 or 2000 kbps, with prices from 11.75, 13.75 or 18.75 on the old
accounts and 16.99 (inc 5 GB of traffic), 19.99 (inc 15 GB) and 22.99
(includes 30 GB of traffic) with no upper limits (but max prices of
22.75, 26.75, 38.75 on existing and the same on the Extra accounts.

See http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo for more info.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service ? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)