telephone volume with broadband

Old June 7th 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hugh pearce

Default telephone volume with broadband

Since getting BB people say I sound quieter on the phone and had to hear, is
this because of
being BB enabled and if so what can be done about it ie would a better
filter cure this?

Rgds

hugh

Old June 7th 05, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven

"hugh pearce" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
Since getting BB people say I sound quieter on the phone and had to hear,
is
this because of
being BB enabled and if so what can be done about it ie would a better
filter cure this?

Rgds

hugh

Better filters... maybe

Get BT to increase the gain on the line is maybe a better option.

Old June 7th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:24:08 +0100, "hugh pearce"
wrote:

Since getting BB people say I sound quieter on the phone and had to hear, is
this because of
being BB enabled and if so what can be done about it ie would a better
filter cure this?

My phones with Speedtouch filters are quieter than the ones with cheap
Safecom filters. The Safecom filters also remove more noise. It seems
the cheap filters win this time!

http://www.easynn.com
Old June 8th 05, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"Steven" wrote in message

"hugh pearce" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
Since getting BB people say I sound quieter on the phone and had to hear,
is
this because of
being BB enabled and if so what can be done about it ie would a better
filter cure this?

Rgds

hugh

Better filters... maybe

Get BT to increase the gain on the line is maybe a better option.

BT won't increase gain on a BB enabled line..
or that's the story they gave me anyway.
H.

Old June 8th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Harry wrote:
"Steven" wrote in message

Better filters... maybe

Get BT to increase the gain on the line is maybe a better option.

BT won't increase gain on a BB enabled line..
or that's the story they gave me anyway.

I have the same problem, and got the same answer from BT. Tried cheap filters,
expensive filters etc, no real difference. I've replaced one of the phones because
it was unusable. I have a 6km phone line, so that probably doesn't help. ADSL
connection is rock solid, so I've let "sleeping dogs lay".

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old June 8th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Mark Carver" wrote in message

connection is rock solid, so I've let "sleeping dogs lay".

You're gonna have to speak up then. ;-))

--

J B

Old June 8th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[-=Dan=-]

"J B" wrote in message
"Mark Carver" wrote in message

connection is rock solid, so I've let "sleeping dogs lay".

You're gonna have to speak up then. ;-))

Hmmm?

Old June 8th 05, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

J B wrote:
"Mark Carver" wrote in message

connection is rock solid, so I've let "sleeping dogs lay".

You're gonna have to speak up then. ;-))

You've never heard my voice :-)

Old June 8th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Mark Carver" wrote in message

You've never heard my voice :-)

Coz you don't talk loud enough! ;-))