Woo! 1mb, 11km line.

Old June 8th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Woo! 1mb, 11km line.

No mains water or electricity (and Screwfix/Lynx have lost the
dedicated DC-AC inverter I ordered to power the router 24/7)... but 1mb
broadband!

Over 11km from the exchange, now syncing at 1152000, a second or two
after the router initialises (as quick as 512) and the connection
hadn't dropped for 12 hours after the regrade (must have been around 3
am this morning), before I rebooted. Appears it will be reliable
enough.

SNR: 20 (down 5db) ATTENUATION: 59.5 (!!)

Speed test shows 925 kbps

KUDOS to Plus Net.

Old June 8th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yup, seems okay. What I meant to say is that SNR is actually 20db, a
reduction of 5db from the 25db I was getting on 512K. Sorry about that.
(The Vigor, for all its cost, doesn't appear to give very detailed
stats, upstream figures etc?)

Old June 8th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

DrayTek Vigor2600G

Old June 11th 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:29:11 +0100, Muxton
wrote:

Why kudos to Plus Net?

They didn't lay the copper, they didn't devise the technology and they
didn't design the DSLAM.

they did however ignore the "computer only says 512k and that's very
unlikely" and get the guy 1M :-)

not everyone makes that extra effort.

Phil