Wish me luck....

Old June 9th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

Default Wish me luck....

Due to migrate from Eclipse to PlusNet tomorrow, will it work okay, will it
be actually carried out tomorrow...

The tension builds!
--
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site
http://www.tekguru.co.uk
Old June 10th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

"Tekguru (Daron Brewood)" wrote:
Due to migrate from Eclipse to PlusNet tomorrow, will it work okay, will it
be actually carried out tomorrow...

The tension builds!

Good luck!

Old June 11th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On 10 Jun 2005 18:15:13 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Good luck!

Cheers - glad to say all went well
--
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site
http://www.tekguru.co.uk

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old June 11th 05, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Tekguru (Daron Brewood) wrote:
On 10 Jun 2005 18:15:13 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Good luck!

Cheers - glad to say all went well

Welcome on board

Regards,

Old June 12th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:39:49 +0100, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Welcome on board

Cheers Bob, nice to get the emails through confirming everything - never
had that with Eclipse - now just waiting on the speed upgrade - which I
assume until the 8Mb rolls out this will be upgraded to the fastest that
the line can handle?

Old June 14th 05, 01:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Tekguru (Daron Brewood) wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:39:49 +0100, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Welcome on board

Cheers Bob, nice to get the emails through confirming everything - never
had that with Eclipse - now just waiting on the speed upgrade - which I
assume until the 8Mb rolls out this will be upgraded to the fastest that
the line can handle?

Yep, should be 2 MB assuming your line's capable of supporting it.

Kind Regards,

Old June 14th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:42:38 +0100, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Yep, should be 2 MB assuming your line's capable of supporting it.

Hi Bob, already at 2Mb - is there no way the engineers can push it up
higher to see what it can take until the 8Mb rolls out?

I had thought that this was the situation. If I had known it would have
remained at only 2Mb I'd had paid the lesser payment instead of signing up
for the 8Mb at the higher price now.....

Old June 15th 05, 02:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Tekguru (Daron Brewood) wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:42:38 +0100, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Yep, should be 2 MB assuming your line's capable of supporting it.

Hi Bob, already at 2Mb - is there no way the engineers can push it up
higher to see what it can take until the 8Mb rolls out?

I had thought that this was the situation. If I had known it would have
remained at only 2Mb I'd had paid the lesser payment instead of signing up
for the 8Mb at the higher price now.....

We have a limited number of trialists on the higher speeds however who
these people are and the exchanges served is ultimately up to BT. The
beta trials will see more trialists before the official launch of
IPStreamMax which is envisaged to be towards the end of the year. If you
raise a ticket on your account, I'm sure we can drop you to the lower
pricing tier if you prefer. This will result in a small regrade fee
should you increase speed at a later date.

Kind Regards,

Old June 15th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:40:17 +0100, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

We have a limited number of trialists on the higher speeds however who
these people are and the exchanges served is ultimately up to BT. The
beta trials will see more trialists before the official launch of
IPStreamMax which is envisaged to be towards the end of the year. If you
raise a ticket on your account, I'm sure we can drop you to the lower
pricing tier if you prefer. This will result in a small regrade fee
should you increase speed at a later date.

Hi Bob, cheers for that clarification adn the offer. I may as well leave it
as it is as it will only be a few months hopefully before the service comes
online and as I've already paid the regrade fee in advance for the increase
it's swings and round-abouts with the costs.

Old June 15th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 Jun 2005 18:51 GMT, "Tekguru (Daron Brewood)" wrote:

as it will only be a few months hopefully before the service comes
online and as I've already paid the regrade fee in advance for the
increase it's swings and round-abouts with the costs.

If you're paying 29.99 (or worse, 39.99) then for maybe 6 months you
will be paying 8 or 18 pounds 'too much'... 48 pounds or 108 pounds
saved (less any admin fees). I'd certainly not hand over either sum
for nothing but the potential of getting a 'free' regrade when it is
possible. Sometimes these things take longer than expected, so if a
delay for just your exchange takes regrading back another few months
from when other people start getting the higher speed, you will have
paid yet more cash for no benefit. I'd only pay the 21.99 until the
exchange was capable of providing 8000 kbps. Peter M.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)