OT? - BB Help

Old June 9th 05, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob .-.-.

Default OT? - BB Help

Hi all
One of my colleagues at work is trying to help his son make the right
decision of ISP. He has NO internet access at all at the moment. Last
night I tried to download the ADSL Guide to my HD and copy it to CD - The
files that were available to copy were just shortcuts to ?????somewhere?????
Does anybody know a way of dropping it down to CD so that he can look at it
at home on his computer, please?
Thanks for any help
Regards
Bob

Old June 9th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 9 Jun 2005 19:01, "Bob .-.-." wrote:

Last night I tried to download the ADSL Guide to my HD and copy it to CD

The files that were available to copy were just shortcuts to ?????somewhere?????

Does anybody know a way of dropping it down to CD so that he can look at it
at home on his computer, please?

Much of the output is likely to be dynamic, from data held online. The
ISPs are able to change the content, so the various accounts prices etc
can be updated as price changes take place. Doubt you'll have any easy
way to save large portions. Surely visiting a library is a possibility
for them, or them visiting you... or look back at some of the posts in
this group (using http://groups.google.com/ for a search) and see the
types of question posed, and the follow-up questions people here ask of
anyone 'looking for an ISP' so you can be familiar with the options the
ISPs give and their pricing too. Good luck ! Peter M. ...-.-
--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service ? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old June 10th 05, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:01:55 +0100, "Bob .-.-."
wrote:

Does anybody know a way of dropping it down to CD so that he can look at it
at home on his computer, please?

isn't that what magazines are for ?

Phil

Old June 10th 05, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob .-.-.

Hi guys
thanks for your suggestions
......... just trying to be helpful to those around. (;D))
Cheers guys
Bob

Old June 11th 05, 02:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

There are couple of cheaper options from obscure providers, or if a LLU
exchange is at hand,
but your colleague won't find a better provider for the low price of £14.99
p.m then Plus.Net.
2Mb/s connection with unlimited usage on the 'Broadband Plus' option (they
slow down music, video and binary download at busy times).
Alternatively there is a PAYG option, same price 1GB p.m. included, then £1
per extra GB.
Finally a Premier option £21.99, no limits.
No upfront activation fee, but proportional charge if you leave, but you
won't need to.
I have been with PlusNet over two years now and have no problems, speed has
gone up,
charges down :-)
If you / colleague decide to go with PlusNet please use my ID 'wester' as a
referrer and save me few pence,
thanks regards,
Martin