TalkTalk - newsgroup request

Old June 9th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ciqret

Default TalkTalk - newsgroup request

I am a new, and currently happy, subscriber to TalkTalk broadband.

However having migrated my newsreader over to the TalkTalk newserver
there is one particular newsgroup I can't access any more
(uk.people.consumer.ebay).

I'd like to make a request that this NG is added to news.talktalk.net,
but can't find anything vaguely useful at www.talktalk.net ..

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Stuart
[ciqret]

[aka cicero]
Old June 9th 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Why not try Google Groups as an alternative? You can access this (and
any other) group quite easily, and post to it. Posts now appear almost
in real time (no more than 30 seconds delay) and it's a massive
improvement all round on what it was only 3 months ago. Whole thing
works incredibly well.

Old June 10th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 09 Jun 2005 23:42, wrote:

And how does one go about accessing Google groups then .

You can find Google ? Click on Groups !
Old June 10th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Peter P wrote:
Why not try Google Groups as an alternative? You can access this (and
any other) group quite easily, and post to it. Posts now appear almost
in real time (no more than 30 seconds delay) and it's a massive
improvement all round on what it was only 3 months ago. Whole thing
works incredibly well.

Yes it is, it's a return to the days of Deja.com, (before they were consumed by
Google in 2001). It's very good as a back up, and also for accessing and posting
to Usenet from Internet Cafes and other people's PCs.

See
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ecom.broadband

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old June 11th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben Steel \(with his bear, Hans\)

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Peter P wrote:
Why not try Google Groups as an alternative? You can access this (and
any other) group quite easily, and post to it. Posts now appear almost
in real time (no more than 30 seconds delay) and it's a massive
improvement all round on what it was only 3 months ago. Whole thing
works incredibly well.

Yes it is, it's a return to the days of Deja.com, (before they were
consumed by Google in 2001). It's very good as a back up, and also for
accessing and posting to Usenet from Internet Cafes and other people's
PCs.

See
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ecom.broadband

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply

It may be just a mistype on the original post, but the newsgroup is actually
uk.people.consumers.ebay. (Note the s on consumers)

Old June 12th 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ciqret

Peter P wrote:
Why not try Google Groups as an alternative? You can access this (and
any other) group quite easily, and post to it. Posts now appear almost
in real time (no more than 30 seconds delay) and it's a massive
improvement all round on what it was only 3 months ago. Whole thing
works incredibly well.

Appreciate this suggestion (and others made in the thread), but I prefer
to read news in a newsreader as opposed to on the web.

I appreciate that my questions is probably a little OT for this NG, but
essentially how does one make a request for an NG to be added?

Send an email to perhaps ?

--
Stuart
[ciqret]

[aka cicero]
Old June 12th 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ciqret

Peter P wrote:
Why not try Google Groups as an alternative?
snip
Whole thing works incredibly well.

Thought I'd try it as a temporary work around .. there's a question I
want to ask in the NG concerned.

Except that you /have to/ give a valid email address .. ??!! I really
don't want to post my email address on usenet. OK so I could set up a
hotmail account, but sheesh .. it's just a NG. Why do they make it so
awkward?

Interested to hear any/every-one's two cents ..

--
Stuart
[ciqret]

[aka cicero]
Old June 13th 05, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Agreed - it is a hassle, and you certainly don't want your email
address on usenet. Only alternative really is to set up an account
just for Google Groups. BTW, GG looks to have a simple set up system
for new NGs - though I haven't tried it.

Old June 13th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 12 Jun 2005 15:35 -0700, "Peter P" wrote:

you certainly don't want your email address on usenet.

It would probably be best to use a Gmail address as they seem to have
reasonable spam filtering in place, and at 2 GB it won't fill up even
if it fails to detect items as being unsolicited junk... Peter M.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)