New BT Line

Old June 10th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

Default New BT Line

Hi,

I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I have
to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not
recognise the number.

Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?

Old June 10th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:33:43 +0100, "Gareth :-\\\) voom"
wrote:

I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I have
to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not
recognise the number.

Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?

10 days or more. For future reference or others benefit there is a
feature called "simultaneous provision" where you get the two done
together - Zen, Plusnet, BT Broadband at least know of this.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1894

otherwise you wait for it to appear on the database so the ISP can
order against it. Keep checking www.bt.com/broadband :-)

Phil

Old June 11th 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

wrote:

I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I have
to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not
recognise the number.

Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?

10 days or more. For future reference or others benefit there is a
feature called "simultaneous provision" where you get the two done
together - Zen, Plusnet, BT Broadband at least know of this.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1894

otherwise you wait for it to appear on the database so the ISP can
order against it. Keep checking www.bt.com/broadband :-)

or around 10-hours ;-)
I had a new line installed yesterday afternoon and it shows on the bt
checker this morning as available.

- ian
Old June 11th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I
have
to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not
recognise the number.

Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?

It normally takes about 24 hours - if it doesn't appear you can always ask
your ISP to submit a "manual order" on the basis that its a new line..

Regards
Sunil

Old June 12th 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
I have just had a new BT line fitted yesterday and wondered how long I
have
to wait before I can order broadband on it. I tried today but it did not
recognise the number.

Does anyone have any info on how long it may take?

It normally takes about 24 hours - if it doesn't appear you can always ask
your ISP to submit a "manual order" on the basis that its a new line..

Regards
Sunil

Yeah it was available this morning so I guess it takes around 24 hours. Just
placed an order and it went though fine.