telephone cuts out broadband

Old June 13th 05, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default telephone cuts out broadband

i have a vigor wireless connection with 3 computers and all works
brill. when there is an incoming call on the cordless phone the
internet connection is lost then after a few mins it re connects. i
have filters where i should have them any one have any ideas

Old June 13th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a vigor wireless connection with 3 computers and all works
brill. when there is an incoming call on the cordless phone the
internet connection is lost then after a few mins it re connects. i
have filters where i should have them any one have any ideas

Having just traced a similar prob. to a faulty modem with a million
suggestions from my ISP, my suggestion is that the cordless phone signal is
screwing up the wireless network signal.
I'm guessing you'd already thought of this, try the other frequency on the
cordless phone, they usualy have two switched frquencies to play with.
H.

Old June 13th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:27:39 +0100, "Harry"
wrote:

Having just traced a similar prob. to a faulty modem with a million
suggestions from my ISP, my suggestion is that the cordless phone signal is
screwing up the wireless network signal.
I'm guessing you'd already thought of this, try the other frequency on the
cordless phone, they usualy have two switched frquencies to play with.
H.

Whenever someone uses a handset on my Philips Zenia 300 cordless phone
my ADSL connection cuts out and redials. I'm not using a wireless
connection!

http://www.easynn.com
Old June 13th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

wrote:

Having just traced a similar prob. to a faulty modem with a million
suggestions from my ISP, my suggestion is that the cordless phone signal
is
screwing up the wireless network signal.
I'm guessing you'd already thought of this, try the other frequency on the
cordless phone, they usualy have two switched frquencies to play with.
H.

Whenever someone uses a handset on my Philips Zenia 300 cordless phone
my ADSL connection cuts out and redials. I'm not using a wireless
connection!

That sounds even more like the problem I had, lifting the handset on any
phone dropped the broadband.
It turned out to be a duff cheapo USB modem, although strangely my ISP found
it difficult to believe that this could be the problem.
They tried various new filters and even turned out a BT engineer, who
convincingly proved it.
H.

Old June 13th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a vigor wireless connection with 3 computers and all works
brill. when there is an incoming call on the cordless phone the
internet connection is lost then after a few mins it re connects. i
have filters where i should have them any one have any ideas

Does the router lose synchronisation with the exchange (usually indicated
by a flashing ADSL LED)?

Does a regular telephone affect the ADSL when the handset is lifted or is it
only the DECT?

I have filters where I should have them any one have any ideas?

Actually the most stable arrangement, (in spite of what your ISP may have
told you), is to have a SINGLE ADSL filter located where your BT line enters
your property, and to connect all your telephone equipment to it. In
'marginal' areas this is often the only reliable way to proceed.
You can get a replacement filtered faceplate for your master socket
(linebox) he
http://snipurl.com/f497 so nothing needs to be left dangling.

Try this test.
Remove the two securing screws securing the lower part of the linebox and
carefully lift away this 'faceplate'. (you are allowed to do this BTW)
Doing this should disconnect all your extension wiring.
You will see a socket inside the box, plug a filter into that and connect
your router and phone to it
With luck you may find things work OK
You may find you can bodily plug the faceplate into the filter and get your
extensions working again
(a bit messy I know, that's where the Clarity faceplate comes in!)

Good luck

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 13th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

i should have said that my router is connected in the lounge on an
extension and the main bt line comes in via kitchen. i do not really
want to move router to kitchen. any further ideas

Graham wrote:
ups.com...

Old June 13th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

wrote in message
ups.com...
i should have said that my router is connected in the lounge on an
extension and the main bt line comes in via kitchen. i do not really
want to move router to kitchen. any further ideas

I tried to make clear that what I suggested was a test for diagnostic
purposes.
The result would help us to advise you how to proceed.

You didn't answer my other questions.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 13th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

yes sorry i will try at the wekend i dont have any other phones to try
so i dont know. i have checked the phones and i can not change the
channel they are on. so from your test i will be by passing all
extensions sky etc and going direct into incoming main line.

Old June 14th 05, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

All microfilters aren't the same, and few are duff.
Try different and ACTIVE microfilter for that DECT phone.
tlc-direct.co.uk have trade shops all over the place and do them at a good
price.
Regards,
Martin