Caller Display and ADSL - solved

Old June 13th 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

Default Caller Display and ADSL - solved

Previous attempts at trying to get my Cable & Wireless Caller ID phone to
recognise incoming calls had failed. MY BT Dect phone caller ID works.

Now I had tried everything, Different filters - cheap one, BT branded one
that came with my Plusnet started kit. Swapped leads moved phones nothing.
Mmm - must be the Cable & Wireless phone.... but......

Got my new Netgear DG834 today and with a filter. Plugged the filter in and
hey presto C&W phone caller ID now working!

So - A BT supplied filter, with a BT ADSL line and phone doesn't work; plug
in a non branded filter and everything is fine..... !

Clive