DSL lead pinout

Old June 13th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
317

Default DSL lead pinout

'cuse me for butting in, but;

Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry
the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I
can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to
plug filter and plug this into my router.

Much obliged.

Old June 13th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

317 wrote:

'cuse me for butting in, but;

Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which
carry the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated
both end so I can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by
building an rj11 socket to plug filter and plug this into my router.

Much obliged.

It uses the middle 2 pins of the 6.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old June 14th 05, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

In article , 317
writes
'cuse me for butting in, but;

Are all router modems using the same dsl lead (pins) and if so which carry
the 2 wire signal. My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I
can't see. I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11 socket to
plug filter and plug this into my router.

Much obliged.

You don't need a filter for ADSL. The filter removes the ADSL signal
from the telephone side.
--
Thoss
Old June 14th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"317" wrote in
:

My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I
can't see.

6 wires? RJ11 only had 4 last time I checked. Tiscali Tim is right saying
the centre two are used. As far as I understand, the polarity doesn't
matter to most equipment but there are some that are fussy.

I want to break in to the dsl feed by building an rj11
socket to plug filter

Well I have a Clarity modified faceplate. With a Cat5 cable running off
it. Three of the wires are connected to the voice extension on the
faceplate and two to the ADSL extension.

On the other end I have a modular faceplate which has a BT socket and an
RJ45 socket. BT is wired standard and the two wires from the ADSL
extension go to the two centre pins on the RJ45 socket. RJ11 fits into an
RJ45 socket and finding an RJ11 socket locally was a waste of time.

--
Colin
Old June 14th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"cw" wrote in message
"317" wrote in
:

My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I
can't see.

6 wires? RJ11 only had 4 last time I checked.

Check again. There are six positions, though maybe only central 4 are used.

--

Michael Chare

Old June 15th 05, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
317

My stock lead has all 6 wires terminated both end so I
can't see.

6 wires? RJ11 only had 4 last time I checked. Tiscali Tim is right saying
the centre two are used. As far as I understand, the polarity doesn't
matter to most equipment but there are some that are fussy.

Thanks all. Centre two it is then.
Yes, you can indeed have rj11/4 or /6 - or does that make it an rj12.
My lead is definitely 6-pin and all terminated (I know it only needs 2 of
course).
Oh well, so long as I use the same pattern plug it matters not.

Old June 18th 05, 01:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

http://tinyurl.com/9kbfd

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....ea 9f46fd0412