Sync Speed = IPStream product ?

Old June 14th 05, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default Sync Speed = IPStream product ?

My in-laws currently have a Pipex Solo 250k account.

I noticed recently that their router sync speed increased from 576k to (from
memory) 2272k. I assume BT have connected them at the fastest speed their line
will support.

For the purposes of free migration can I assume that they are connected currently
to an 'IPStream 2000' product ?

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old June 14th 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

I might be wrong but I think many providers are doing this then themselves
throttling back the speed. This way it makes it much easier in the future to
upgrade speed.

Dan

Old June 15th 05, 02:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Dan:
I might be wrong but I think many providers are doing this then themselves

NO. ISP's are paying BT to upgrade the DSLAM equipment at exchanges in bulk
at £5 per line,
then they can control the speed remotely.
Regards,
Martin

Old June 15th 05, 02:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Martin² wrote:
Dan:

I might be wrong but I think many providers are doing this then themselves

NO. ISP's are paying BT to upgrade the DSLAM equipment at exchanges in bulk
at £5 per line,
then they can control the speed remotely.
Regards,
Martin

The OPs question was about migration though.

I would say it's safe to assume they are provisioned on IPStream Home
2000 now so can migrate straight across to another 2MB provider without
having to have the line regraded.

Kind Regards,

Old June 15th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

I would say it's safe to assume they are provisioned on IPStream Home
2000 now so can migrate straight across to another 2MB provider without
having to have the line regraded.

Thanks Bob, looks as if you'll be getting a new 2Mb customer in September then :-)

--
Mark
Old June 15th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Dan:
I might be wrong but I think many providers are doing this then themselves

NO. ISP's are paying BT to upgrade the DSLAM equipment at exchanges in
bulk at £5 per line,
then they can control the speed remotely.
Regards,
Martin

So Martin. You just confirmed what I already said.

Dan