Plusnet Problems

Old June 14th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

Default Plusnet Problems

I've tried the 'ticket' system, but I'm getting nowhere. :-((

Thursday - BT Engineer removed highway, and enabled BB, said it would
probably work at 1MB, but there was a problem with testing Marconi equipment
(Is our exchange Marconi?)
Friday - Sooty came and 'set me up' with a D Link router. The D link said it
was running 64K up and 128K down. That's slow! Rang plusnet, and they said
do a speedster.bt.com test.
Results were all under 100
Saturday - did another test - under 100 - posted results to plusnet
Plusnet replied and told me to do a speester test!!
Sunday - did another speedster test
Monday - did a test at 6.30am as asked in one of the plusnet requests. Still
under 100
Plusnet replied, they have passed it to BT who will reply in 72 hours
Friday - rang plusnet asking what was happening. Told to reset my username
to bt.test and unplug all phones.
Great, now I can't phone or 'surf'
Rang plusnet again later, told to reset my username after 6pm

I've sent two or three 'tickets' since then, but it's gone very quite!

Any advice????

--

J B
Monday

Old June 14th 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Sean McConkey" wrote in message
t...

a) Get BT to replace the drop cable from your house to the pole.

But ... I can't speak to BT, all they say is "ask your isp"!

b) Try a different router. Lend a mates for an hour.

I'm told that the speedster.bt test is to test the BT line regardless of the
other equipment. Dunno if that's right??

BTW sending multiple tickets is never a good way of getting to the top
of the list. Just makes the list longer for everyone.

Point taken, but I'm tearing my hair out an nobody's answering!!!!

--

J B

Old June 15th 05, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

J B wrote:
"Sean McConkey" wrote in message
t...

a) Get BT to replace the drop cable from your house to the pole.

But ... I can't speak to BT, all they say is "ask your isp"!

b) Try a different router. Lend a mates for an hour.

I'm told that the speedster.bt test is to test the BT line regardless of the
other equipment. Dunno if that's right??

BTW sending multiple tickets is never a good way of getting to the top
of the list. Just makes the list longer for everyone.

Point taken, but I'm tearing my hair out an nobody's answering!!!!

Ticket number?

Regards,

Old June 15th 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

Ticket number?

your ticket [number 16713030 ]

--

J B

Old June 15th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

J B wrote:
"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

Ticket number?

your ticket [number 16713030 ]

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I'm not at the office at the moment however I
have contacted our logged faults department who should be investigating
your issue shortly. Apologies for the way your ticket was initially
dealt with. I will be having a word with those involved when I'm back in.

Kind Regards,

Old June 23rd 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

I will be having a word with those involved when I'm back in.

Bob

Sorted now, problem with the exchange!

Thanks

--

J B

Old June 23rd 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

J B wrote:
"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

I will be having a word with those involved when I'm back in.

Bob

Sorted now, problem with the exchange!

Thanks

Glad to hear your back up and running!!