ISDN and ASDL on different lines into 1 house.

Old June 14th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Happy Hunter

Default ISDN and ASDL on different lines into 1 house.

Hi,

I have one physical BT line into my house. That line is providing the
following

Personal Phone number A

then

ISDN HomeHighway with
Work Voice Phone Number B
Work Voice Phone Number C
Work Data ISDN Number D

Does anyone happen to know, can I have ADSL on my "Personal phone number A",
without having to remove the ISDN from my work lines ? Once ADSL is here,
wouldn't mind losing the ISDN, but just need to know if I need to lose it
(or indeed MUST have it removed for the ADSL to work) !

Many thanks for anyone that can help !

Ailsa

Old June 14th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

"Happy Hunter" wrote in message
Hi,

I have one physical BT line into my house. That line is providing the
following

Personal Phone number A

then

ISDN HomeHighway with
Work Voice Phone Number B
Work Voice Phone Number C
Work Data ISDN Number D

Does anyone happen to know, can I have ADSL on my "Personal phone number
A", without having to remove the ISDN from my work lines ? Once ADSL is
here, wouldn't mind losing the ISDN, but just need to know if I need to
lose it (or indeed MUST have it removed for the ADSL to work) !

Many thanks for anyone that can help !

Ailsa

If you've got a normal analogue line (which I presume you have) for number
A, then this is all you need for ADSL.

Do work pay for your Highway? If not, I'm sure there are lest costly
alternatives.

Old June 14th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Happy Hunter

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

Yes, I believe number A is a normal analogue line ...

Yes, work pays for Homehighway !

Broadband arriving in my area on 7th July ... so waiting like a pregnant mum
(which I happen to be anyway) for the "bundle of joy" to arrive ....

Although ISDN is a damn site better than dial-up, it's just not broadband
(which I had last year until I moved house.... sigh ...)

Thanks.

Old June 14th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:41:33 UTC, "Happy Hunter"
wrote:

Does anyone happen to know, can I have ADSL on my "Personal phone number
A", without having to remove the ISDN from my work lines ?

We have a single drop cable to the house, with two pairs in use. One is
the Home Highway, and the other is an analogue line with the 2Mb/s ADSL
on it. No problems.

Yes, work pays for Homehighway !

Broadband arriving in my area on 7th July ... so waiting like a pregnant mum
(which I happen to be anyway) for the "bundle of joy" to arrive ....

They really want you to work, then!

(thoughts)

"Just produce this report then..."

(from other side).. "PUSH!"

"Deal with this customer please..."

"PUSH!"

"Type this letter please"

"AAAAH! It's a boy!"

"Back to work please - your break is over..."

euthanasia recommended. ]