Price for installing microfiltered face plate

Old June 14th 05, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Default Price for installing microfiltered face plate

Old June 14th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 14 Jun 2005 16:13, Adam Piggott wrote:

Does anyone know how much BT will charge to have the face plate changed to
incorporate a microfilmer, assuming that BT will already be there to do the
conversion?

No idea what BT would charge - remember their original 'engineer install'
was a hefty 250/260 quid (plus or including VAT ???). Just check out the
www.clarity.it site and if the customer has a screwdriver then 'DIY' could
be the best option, or ask the BT chap (after offering tea and biscuits
and see if they will leave with the filtered faceplate in situ... Seems a
pretty costly way to go through official channels for it, that's assuming
it is even possible as a request... NB I haven't used a clarity.it item
but have seen them mentioned here (try http://groups.google.com/ ) Peter.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old June 14th 05, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 14 Jun 2005 16:13, Adam Piggott wrote:

A customer is having their ISDN line converted back to analogue so that
they can order ADSL.

Unless they *have* to have it from some particular ISP, you do know that
the conversion and activation can be done as a "managed conversion" so
if the ADSL is difficult or fails, they will be returned to ISDN with
no charge... or did you not know it was possible (past 18+ months)

Plus.Net and a number of other ISPs do this fairly often. If the customer
changes and then ADSL fails, they'll still have paid a conversion fee and
might then need to go back to ISDN :-( [not wanting to be too negative
but you want to pass on sensible advice, don't you!] Peter M.

Old June 14th 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

--

Two screws will change this plate.

http://www.clarity.it/acatalog/ADSL_Installation.html

If you have any extensions they connect to the terminal.

Old June 14th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Old June 14th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Old June 14th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Adam Piggott wrote:

Hiya,

A customer is having their ISDN line converted back to analogue so
that they can order ADSL. I'd like the BT engineer to install a
microfilmer into the master socket to save having to buy a squillion
microfilters as said customer has rather a lot of telephone sockets
about the house.

Does anyone know how much BT will charge to have the face plate
changed to incorporate a microfilmer, assuming that BT will already
be there to do the conversion?

Even better, where I might find a page on BT's web site stating this
cost? Had a fair look myself but keep having the feeling I'm going
round in circles :-)

TIA

- --

You may find that BT will fit a filtered faceplate anyway - even though
they're supposed to fit just a standard one. If you're nice to the BT
engineer, you'll probably manage to get one anyway.

[BTW - is your spellchecker responsible to changing microfilter to
microfilmer (twice) without you noticing?]
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old June 14th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Old June 15th 05, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"Adam Piggott" wrote in message
.. .

Tiscali Tim wrote:

You may find that BT will fit a filtered faceplate anyway - even though
they're supposed to fit just a standard one. If you're nice to the BT
engineer, you'll probably manage to get one anyway.

I've noticed in my travels that tea and biscuits go a long way!

[BTW - is your spellchecker responsible to changing microfilter to
microfilmer (twice) without you noticing?]

Sort of, I think I hit "replace" instead of "skip" twice. I was searching
through the user dictionary trying to find where I'd added the word to the
dictionary for ages until it dawned on me that it's a proper word :-)

Do what i did apply with tea or coffee, be nice and smile and i got a
filtered
faceplate

Andrew