All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN

Old June 15th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donkel

Default All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN

I'm searching for an All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN

(Not VPN Pass through)

I want to setup a VPN between this router at home and the office router so
my devices (1 portable/1 desktop) at home can connect securely to the office
LAN.

Old June 15th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Donkel wrote:

I'm searching for an All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN

(Not VPN Pass through)

I want to setup a VPN between this router at home and the office router so
my devices (1 portable/1 desktop) at home can connect securely to the office
LAN.

I have used Vigor 2600 series of routers for this. Mind you I have
always used them in pairs. There is quite a useful how to setup Vigor to
Vigor VPN at http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/vpn_setup.html

JP
Old June 15th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Jones

Donkel wrote:
I'm searching for an All-in-one ADSL/modem router with full VPN

(Not VPN Pass through)

I want to setup a VPN between this router at home and the office router so
my devices (1 portable/1 desktop) at home can connect securely to the office
LAN.

I'm using Vigor 2600+ routers for this, I have 5 remote sites connected
to the main site. I will be upgrading to a leased line at the main site
soon and using a PIX instead of the Vigor there, but I don't forsee and
problems.

The 2600+(s) have been running fine and haven't caused any real problems.

Ian

Old June 16th 05, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

jopo wrote:
Do you need Official Fixed IP-addresses for these routers to setup the
VPN between them ?

Dont think so (although all the ones I have done have been fixed IP)

The VPN setup screen asks for

"Server IP/Host Name for VPN.
(such as draytek.com or 123.45.67.89)"

They have a Dynamic DNS facility as well but never tried it.

JP
Old June 16th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On 16 Jun 2005 01:04:59 -0700, "jopo" wrote:

Do you need Official Fixed IP-addresses for these routers to setup the
VPN between them ?

It is not essential but it makes life a whole lot easier if at least one of
the units has a fixed IP address.

David Bradley
Old June 16th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Farouq

You can setup IPSec tunnels (upto 5 I think) using the Linksys WAG54G
router. I know the Netgear router also allows IPsec tunnel
establishment. The Linksys costs about 70 and the Netgear 80.
I've got the Linksys but haven't bothered trying to setup the tunnel as
I use SSL encryption (http://www.mywebexpc.com) to connect into my home
PC from anywhere with an Internet connection.