Domain registrations...

Old June 15th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Default Domain registrations...

https://portal.plus.net/features/domains.shtml shows the fees
payable for various TLDs. Did not see .info but since they can
be registered for $2.99 (they were free for a few months) and
a .com/org/net can be had for under $10 (that's under 7 quid)
it does seem a lot to charge 79.00 +VAT. I know registering a
domain isn't something which Plus.Net considers 'core business',
but whether for some fee or for free there must be options which
could be used to automate this and make it cheaper. In the past,
I used Wild West Domains (a sister firm of Go Daddy.com) and had
a control panel to set prices and set certain defaults such as
to have new domains registered with specific name servers.

If I could do it, I'm sure Plus.Net could do it too, using one of
the registration firms and getting a cut of the price paid by a
user... Charge US$15 so they'd make at least $5 on a domain,
and a user would save at least $125 per domain. Peter M.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old June 16th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Oooops... Sorry, wrong newsgroup ! Peter.