ATA recommendations

Old June 16th 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Gabriel

Default ATA recommendations

Looking for recommendations for an ATA to install in parents'
house where I will manage it remotely. Should provide POTS
feedthrough so they continue using all their current handsets
pretty much as they do now, with BT callerid. Would also like
direct IP to IP calling.

I have been recommended the SIPRA 3000. I couldn't see any
mention of direct IP to IP calling in its spec though, and
I found a hint in a review that this might not be supported.
Looking for any confirmation or otherwise of this feature,
and also recommendations of other ATA's that fit the
requirement, or any to avoid.

Thanks
--
Andrew Gabriel
Old June 16th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 16 Jun 2005 09:33 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Looking for recommendations for an ATA to install in parents'
house where I will manage it remotely. Should provide POTS

I suggest uk.telecom.voip for an enquiry like this.

Can be added as an MX record, so your domain mail gets stored safely,
with IMAP / POP / SMTP (not locked to port 25) facilities.

USENET news service ? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)