Bulldog broadband from 8/month.

Old June 16th 05, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Bulldog broadband from 8/month.

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/

Bulldog have an offer on where the 1st month is free and then 5 months at a
reduced rate.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old June 16th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/

Bulldog have an offer on where the 1st month is free and then 5 months at
a reduced rate.

The Broadband/ADSL part is free for the 1st month on their LLU services -
you still have to pay the 10.50 for line rental though during this period.

Still if anyone wants to join, I have a referral code somewhere

Regards
Sunil

Old June 17th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
biffin

bulldog used to be ok but now they are owned by C&W they have customer
service levels close to NTL! They made a complete cockup of my upgrade
to 4mg - can't give me more than 2 but I note still heavily advertising
in my area that they can!

They cut me off at the beginning of last week for no reason and it took
me 3 days and about 2hours on hold - no, seriously - before I got
through to anyone and they said that they were going to look at it. Now
at the end of this week they still have not sorted it out or even
replied to my email to [email protected]

I would seriously think twice about Bulldog.

Old June 17th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh biffin:
bulldog used to be ok but now they are owned by C&W they have customer
service levels close to NTL! They made a complete cockup of my upgrade
to 4mg - can't give me more than 2 but I note still heavily
advertising in my area that they can!

They cut me off at the beginning of last week for no reason and it
took me 3 days and about 2hours on hold - no, seriously - before I got
through to anyone and they said that they were going to look at it.
Now at the end of this week they still have not sorted it out or even
replied to my email to [email protected]

I would seriously think twice about Bulldog.

My exchange isn't LLU enabled with anyone yet, I wouldn't mind trying 8meg
broadband, but I want from a supplier that doesn't tie you to their phone line
rental, OK Bulldog throw in a couple of services that BT charge for, but they
block access to 18866 and 1899. I know I can, and I do use VoIP, I would
still like to access these services from the landline.

Old June 22nd 05, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article ,
says...
On 17 Jun 2005 10:18:48 -0700, "biffin" wrote:

bulldog used to be ok but now they are owned by C&W they have customer
service levels close to NTL! They made a complete cockup of my upgrade
to 4mg - can't give me more than 2 but I note still heavily advertising
in my area that they can!

They cut me off at the beginning of last week for no reason and it took
me 3 days and about 2hours on hold - no, seriously - before I got
through to anyone and they said that they were going to look at it. Now
at the end of this week they still have not sorted it out or even
replied to my email to [email protected]

I would seriously think twice about Bulldog.

This appears to be a common experience at the moment.

Mines been flaky as a very flakey thing this week. I assumed it was the
upgade to 8 meg at the exchange screwing things up. But not the case.
Logged a fault, they couldn't find anything wrong at the exchange, and
by the time they rang back (2 days) things were better.

I thought maybe it was heat over the weekend, as the PC I use as a
router is a dual Pentium pro.

So, I replaced the heatsink fans with 80mm high powered (37CFM) fans on
adaptors, stick in a card slot mounted additional exhaust fan, and
uprated the intake fan from a low power no name to a 37CFM intake fan.

Also I swapped the HSF on my main PC for a higher powered 60mm.
Temperatures in the room as now noticabley (more than 10 degrees) since
the additional fans, and the general drop in temperature. But still the
line is flaky as crap. I've even been running a 2 foot dia floor
standing mains fan pointed at the case for the last two days incase heat
was the issue, but it seems coincidental that it helped initially, as
things are noticebly cooler and the line is flakier than ever.

Have noticed since yesterday, the ADSL modulation has changed from G.DMT
to ANSI T1.413 I2 and now it won't stay synched at the exhange for more
than 5 minutes, with th speed going up and down all the time with each
attempted connection.
On the few occasions I get synch long enough, my username and password
The setup I'm running is
Compaq professional Workstation 5000 2x 1 meg cache Pentium Pro 200
SCSI HDD and 192 meg ram
100 meg lan card
Zoom PCI ADSL modem
running
Windows 2000
NAT32+ and Zone Alarm Pro for routing and firewall
Webserver, mail server, database.

After the temp drops and the modulation standard change, I can really
thing there is a fault somewhere at the exchange, but Bulldog say there
isn't and will monitor the line.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.