Minimum RAM for BlueYonder?

Old June 17th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Halmarack

Default Minimum RAM for BlueYonder?

Hi,
My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed
more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum
she needs to have?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Old June 17th 05, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
Hi,
My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed
more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum
she needs to have?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

If she has a network card (or is savvy enough to install USB drivers
manually) she'll get on line fine.

It'll be just BY's installer CD, which I assume will test her system, which
will refuse to run.

Old June 17th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Halmarack

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:05:40 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
wrote:

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed
more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum
she needs to have?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

If she has a network card (or is savvy enough to install USB drivers
manually) she'll get on line fine.

It'll be just BY's installer CD, which I assume will test her system, which
will refuse to run.

Thanks, that's useful to know. It might be helpful generally to
upgrade from 64MB anyway though. Surfing the Web might benefit from
it.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Old June 17th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JamesB

wrote:

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed
more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum
she needs to have?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

If she has a network card (or is savvy enough to install USB drivers
manually) she'll get on line fine.

It'll be just BY's installer CD, which I assume will test her system,
which
will refuse to run.

Thanks, that's useful to know. It might be helpful generally to
upgrade from 64MB anyway though. Surfing the Web might benefit from
it.

Depends on the OS. Win98 will prolly be adequate on 64Mb. I wouldnt run
WinXP on less than 512....

Old June 17th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Mike Halmarack opined very noisily:
Hi,
My sister applied for the BlueYonder service and was told she needed
more RAM in her computer. Currently she has 64MB. What's the minimum
she needs to have?

See
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...oadband_sysreq

64 MB ram is the min along with Win 98
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old June 17th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Halmarack

Thanks for the info. It's quite clear now.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Old June 17th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:39:26 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

Thanks for the info. It's quite clear now.

There's a minimum specification checker on our website if it helps.

Thanks

Alex

--
Alex Brown
blueyonder Product Manager
Old June 17th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"JamesB" wrote in message

Depends on the OS. Win98 will prolly be adequate on 64Mb. I wouldnt run
WinXP on less than 512....

Good advice. Though Dell recently supplied a laptop to one of my customers
running Windows XP with only 128MB. It wasn't pretty!