whats best

Old June 17th 05, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Walsh

Default whats best

What do you think of this broadband offer at:-

www.bestbroadbanddeal.info

At the moment I`m with Btopenworld anytime (normal dial-up) deal at 15.99
+ a free satellite broadband connection 512kb speed (download only)
This is via a works account (I pay the BTOpenworld & get the sat` account
free)

The normal broadband deal at www.bestbroadbanddeal.info
is 19.95 for 1mb Unrestricted downloads

So for the 1Mb broadband its 19.95 plus another 1.76 to join the club
making total 21.71 total

This is a 1 Mb unlimited broadband deal at 19.95/month incl VAT.

Plus you will get

Free Modem
1 free filter
Free Connection
email Anti-virus
email Anti-spam

What are the pros and cons with going from my Btopenworld anytime account to
this new account
so its 5.72 extra, sounds very good what do you think!?

I will gain faster download and uploads OK that's is better
I`ve not really gone into file sharing, I just do normal web/email stuff and
the odd updates
but its an option might use.

The cons on using the satellite broadband is config` software (proxy of
satellite) but got email and web browsing
set OK.

I`m not tied into BTOpenworld been with them a few years my 512kb sat`
broadband seems OK for me
but my BT line is tied up as need it on all the time

so apart from the extra money a month should I jump ship and get this faster
speed

I`m not to sure about usergroups via this though (not via web pages but
using say O.E.)

Any thoughts anyone

Ken

Old June 17th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:55:12 +0000 (UTC), "Ken Walsh"
wrote:

What do you think of this broadband offer at:-

www.bestbroadbanddeal.info

looks a well dodgy site to me, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Where are the geographical contact details, company information and
other good practice elements.

Phil

Old June 17th 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

looks a well dodgy site to me, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Where are the geographical contact details, company information and
other good practice elements.

"Authorised Distributor for The Utility Warehouse Discount Club".

Hmmm. Says it all really...

Old June 18th 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:39:05 +0100, "Rupert"
wrote:

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

looks a well dodgy site to me, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Where are the geographical contact details, company information and
other good practice elements.

"Authorised Distributor for The Utility Warehouse Discount Club".

Hmmm. Says it all really...

The only authorisation you need to be an authorised distributor for
the Utility Warehouse is the ability to say "yes, I'll sell your crap
and join your pyramid marketing scam".

I know someone who got suckered in to it. He used to be a really good
mate, but now I avoid him as all he wants to talk about is how I
should "investigate the business opportunity, it's revolutionised my
life".

Jake

Old June 18th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:19:10 +0100, Muxton
wrote:

I know someone who got suckered in to it. He used to be a really good
mate, but now I avoid him as all he wants to talk about is how I
should "investigate the business opportunity, it's revolutionised my
life".

Isn't it *amazing* these people get?

My brother (very, very smart but short on common sense) got me to sit
in on a meeting that he was having with somebody like this for a
similar deal. It all sounded just peachy.

I told him to avoid the deal as the bloke sounded way too keen!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old June 18th 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Walsh

looks a well dodgy site to me, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Where are the geographical contact details, company information and
other good practice elements.

"Authorised Distributor for The Utility Warehouse Discount Club".

Hmmm. Says it all really...

The only authorisation you need to be an authorised distributor for
the Utility Warehouse is the ability to say "yes, I'll sell your crap
and join your pyramid marketing scam".

I know someone who got suckered in to it. He used to be a really good
mate, but now I avoid him as all he wants to talk about is how I
should "investigate the business opportunity, it's revolutionised my
life".

Now you lot have got me scarred ;-)

Is anyone using this broadband deal ??!!

It sounds OK I`ve had a couple of emails back from the person running it
with details of address
and phone number so it looks OK.

This was on the bottom of his email to me when I was asking some details
about the deal, so looks OK:-

I would appreciate your feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Paul Greenough
0161 449 8182

Brookside Cottage, Mill Brow, Marple Bridge, SK6 5LW

Old June 18th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Ken Walsh" wrote:

I will gain faster download and uploads OK that's is better
I`ve not really gone into file sharing, I just do normal web/email stuff and
the odd updates
but its an option might use.

Whatever people think of BT at least they are a "proper" ISP - this just
looks like a Pyramid scheme or some sort of MLM where you're almost
certainly dealing with a Virtual ISP or a reseller of a virtual ISP.

It's an annual contract, which I'm not a huge fan of, especially with
unknown providers.

I think there are better deals available from "real" ISPs, and the
"unlimited" is likely not truly unlimited.

I'd look at Freedom2Surf, Metronet, Pipex, Zen, maybe Plusnet - they do
a variety of packages for less, similar, or slightly more depending on
your usage.

cheers,
Paul

Old June 18th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:33:02 +0000 (UTC), "Ken Walsh"
wrote:

Is anyone using this broadband deal ??!!

have a read at http://www.businessopportunityplus.co.uk/
and
http://www.broadband-help.com/servic...cm_reviews.asp

opinions you read or hear may be biased by the commission based
selling nature of the operation. Bit like the "I wholeheartedly
recommend Plusnet as a fantastic ISP that wins awards, if you choose
to use them please mention my referral code xyzabc" posts - ask
yourself hypothetically would such a person ever say "Plusnet are not
suitable for you" or "Plusnet are crap" ?

the Utility Warehouse thing may be OK, but with over 100 alternatives
do you really want to find out the hard way ? They aren't a real ISP
just a reseller so personally I would avoid them.

Phil

Old June 18th 05, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"Ken Walsh" wrote in message

It sounds OK I`ve had a couple of emails back from the person running it
with details of address and phone number so it looks OK.

Well he's just going to love you for putting that info on the 'net!

Old June 18th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 18 Jun 2005 11:06, Phil Thompson wrote:

ask yourself hypothetically would such a person ever say "Plusnet
are not suitable for you" or "Plusnet are crap" ?

Some have, and do. I am happy to have business clients using Eclipse,
Zen, Metronet, as well as (one) Plus.Net business account. A few friends
have been very happy with Plus.Net (I can think of at least 6 users, and
one didn't have any mention of them from me, just signed up as a result
of someone else in the same firm using PN without problems)...

Another aspect is that unlike some schemes, where someone gets commission
as a lump sum, with Plus.Net it depends on both people staying with them,
so if someone closes an account, the small savings I get (for some of the
accounts it used to be 25p, but mostly 50p, and others nil!) alter too.

If I don't have a 'pay monthly' account, there's nothing at all (compare
with someone boosting ISP ABC, gets 10 quid for each of 40 new users but
then closes the account because they'd been going downhill)... I'd say a
one-off payout is more likely to encourage promotion without needing any
long-term loyalty to using the service. Incidentally, because that one
business account was a signup to some 'netstart' package, I don't get
anything for it, but if they changed to some other account, I could.

Ultimately, recommendations count as much as the stats on ADSLguide - as
a snapshot of how things are, and have been for a few months. When a lot
of complaints are made about ISPs, others may be put off... :-) Peter

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!
USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)