After installing Broadband, phone volume reduced

Old June 18th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

Default After installing Broadband, phone volume reduced

After installing Wanadoo Broadband I find that it is difficult to hear
voices on incoming calls
Is there a solution?

Blair

Old June 18th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pilbs

"Blair" wrote in message
After installing Wanadoo Broadband I find that it is difficult to hear
voices on incoming calls
Is there a solution?

Blair

On all phones? What filters are you using?

Old June 18th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"Pilbs" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
After installing Wanadoo Broadband I find that it is difficult to hear
voices on incoming calls
Is there a solution?

Blair

On all phones? What filters are you using?

Yes on my main phone and on the extension.
Filters are Speedtouch supplied by Wanadoo
Blair

Old June 18th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

On all phones? What filters are you using?

Yes on my main phone and on the extension.
Filters are Speedtouch supplied by Wanadoo

The Speedtouch filters aren't bad but there are better ones. It does sound
like a filter problem. Try substituting some others.

Peter Crosland

Old June 18th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:40:46 +0100, "Blair"
wrote:

Filters are Speedtouch supplied by Wanadoo
Blair

I had the same problem with low volume. Solution was to swap the
Speedtouch filters for Safecom.

http://www.easynn.com
Old June 18th 05, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:40:46 +0100,it is alleged that "Blair"
spake thusly in uk.telecom.broadband:

"Pilbs" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
After installing Wanadoo Broadband I find that it is difficult to hear
voices on incoming calls
Is there a solution?

Blair

On all phones? What filters are you using?

Yes on my main phone and on the extension.
Filters are Speedtouch supplied by Wanadoo
Blair

I haven't heard of this before but it is possible it's the filters.

If you have a branch of Maplin electronics near you [ www.maplin.co.uk
should have a store locator but I find their site design to be
horrible] their ADSL filters have caused me no problems with reduced
volume. The reason I suggest maplin is generally, if it doesn't sort
out the issue, they will accept a return for full credit even if their
item isn't at fault.

HTH

--
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
Old June 20th 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

n.net...

"Pilbs" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
[...]

When I checked with Amazon they listed the BT filter and also had a
customers comments as follows:

" BT ADSL MF50 is OK, October 26, 2004

Reviewer: rrroy from UK

I got four of these with AOL broadband. having a bad line (out in the
sticks) initially I had lots of problems getting installed. I found the
answer was to plug the ADSL filters (just two) directly into the phone line
right at the master socket. To get acceptable results I had to make sure
that the house phone wiring was not connected directly to the master socket
but was only connected to the output of the filter. To achieve this I had to
remove house wiring that connected directly into the master socket and put a
phone connector on so it could be plugged into the MF50 output. "

This may be my problem as I have house wiring connecting my second phone
Blair