How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections?

Old June 18th 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

Default How do I refresh the Ethernet device entry in XP's Net Connections?

(1) How do I delete it? Can I just delete the entry in Network
Connections or do I need to use uninstall in Device manager? or some
other way.

Device manager

(2) How do I recreate a new entry in Network Connections for my
ethernet adapter? Will XP do it automatically whe it next boots?

Device manager's toolbar has a button, pressing it will detect 'new'
hardware...no need to reboot.

(3) Is there an extra clean-up step which would be worth doing
before I reboot? What would I clean up and how?

No need. Just make sure you install the latest drivers for the network
chipset.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old June 18th 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

No need. Just make sure you install the latest drivers for the network
chipset.

And install SP2 and subsequent patches. Your system has serious flaws
without. That is not to say there are no flaws as yet undiscovered!

Peter Crosland