e-mail - Virgin Net AOL

Old June 20th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

Default e-mail - Virgin Net AOL

Anyone aware of any issues sending e-mail from Virgin Net (cp.net) to AOL -
like AOL having blacklisted cp.net, for instance?

One of my customers (on Virgin Net) is saying that their e-mails to AOL
users aren't getting through (or being bounced). I am aware that AOL can be
incredibly fussy about incoming e-mail in efforts to stop spam, but is there
anyway of finding out on-the-fly which servers they have blacklisted?

TIA

Rupert

Old June 20th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:32:05 +0100,it is alleged that "Rupert"
spake thusly in
uk.telecom.broadband:

Anyone aware of any issues sending e-mail from Virgin Net (cp.net) to AOL -
like AOL having blacklisted cp.net, for instance?

If they are, it's within the last 4 days, I have a friend on AOL and I
am using virgin.net's SMTP server, (but with a return address on a
different isp for hysterical raisins). I shall try later when she gets
online and see if the mail goes through.

--
I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency,
even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.
Old June 21st 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:55:44 GMT,it is alleged that Chip
spake thusly in uk.telecom.broadband:

If they are, it's within the last 4 days, I have a friend on AOL and I
am using virgin.net's SMTP server, (but with a return address on a
different isp for hysterical raisins). I shall try later when she gets
online and see if the mail goes through.

Done and proved, I sent 2 mails to a friend on aol, both from
virgin.net's mail server, and bccd to a yahoo address. Result: the
bccs showed up at yahoo just fine, neither one showed up at aol. No
bounce, nothing. Aol once again break various rules, I am so
unsurprised.

HTH

--
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."