Plusnet line move woes.

Old June 21st 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

Default Plusnet line move woes.

I put a mate on plus net a while ago and all has been fine. Until he
moved house that is. We did the online number move page but for some
reason it kept defaulting back to his original number after the submit
instead of the new number. A phone call to support ensured they had the
correct number. Just as well because it was recording the wrong number!!
Then we find out that the previous occupant of the new number had adsl
on the line and it has not been cancelled. Pillars and posts have not
been visited as many times as BT and PN support. PN say they cannot do
anything until BT remove the old product. BT say it is the ISP's
responsibility and are quite rude. Meanwhile my friend has no adsl he
can use. The bt_test domain works fine. It is my understanding that a
cease of all products should occur when BT transfer a line over to new
owners. This has not happened.
Help! Anybody got any pointers?
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old June 21st 05, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

pete devlin wrote:
[...]

Conjecture.
Report a fault.

ADSL should be cancelled when the bill payer changes.
As it's not been, and it is preventing you from getting a service on
this line (ADSL) it's a fault.
Old June 21st 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

pete devlin wrote in news:
:

BT say it is the ISP's
responsibility and are quite rude

It *is* the ISPs responsibility however it is not necessarily PlusNet's
responsibility. It is the responsibility of the ISP which previously
provisioned ADSL on that line. The only way to really resolve it is to
get BT to tell you who that ISP was (or the previous residents if you
have contact details) and then contact that ISP and get them to sort it
out. If you have contact with the previous residents then that will make
it a whole lot easier.

--
Colin
Old June 22nd 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

cw wrote:
pete devlin wrote in news:
:

BT say it is the ISP's
responsibility and are quite rude

It *is* the ISPs responsibility however it is not necessarily PlusNet's
responsibility. It is the responsibility of the ISP which previously
provisioned ADSL on that line. The only way to really resolve it is to
get BT to tell you who that ISP was (or the previous residents if you
have contact details) and then contact that ISP and get them to sort it
out. If you have contact with the previous residents then that will make
it a whole lot easier.

Couldn't have put it better myself. If you're really struggling then you
could request the ownership of the bill is moved to somebody else
(spouse/partner etc.) - This would normally instigate a PSTN cease
within a week or two.

Kind Regards,

Old June 22nd 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message ,
PlusNet Support Team writes
cw wrote:
pete devlin wrote in news:
:

BT say it is the ISP's responsibility and are quite rude

It *is* the ISPs responsibility however it is not necessarily
PlusNet's responsibility. It is the responsibility of the ISP which
previously provisioned ADSL on that line. The only way to really
resolve it is to get BT to tell you who that ISP was (or the previous
residents if you have contact details) and then contact that ISP and
get them to sort it out. If you have contact with the previous
residents then that will make it a whole lot easier.

Couldn't have put it better myself. If you're really struggling then
you could request the ownership of the bill is moved to somebody else
(spouse/partner etc.) - This would normally instigate a PSTN cease
within a week or two.

Thanks for the replies. BT have now removed the marker on the line. Am I
right in thinking that PN can now just flick a switch a la migrations?
Or is an engineer's visit to the exchange required?
Old June 22nd 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 22 Jun 2005 16:46, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

you could request the ownership of the bill is moved to somebody else

from the original post:

Old June 23rd 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

pete devlin wrote:
In message ,
PlusNet Support Team writes
Thanks for the replies. BT have now removed the marker on the line. Am I
right in thinking that PN can now just flick a switch a la migrations?
Or is an engineer's visit to the exchange required?

If you haven't done already, give our support centre a call to let them
know.

Kind Regards,