Demon or Eclipse

Old June 21st 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

Default Demon or Eclipse

As per subject ..... for business use, unlimited. Which has the better
service/back-up of the two?

I've recently signed someone up to Eclipse, but there was a problem, and it
took 'forever' to get through to support.
Someone I was talking to on an unrelated matter then told me Demon would
have been better .....

Who would you choose?

Old June 21st 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Liam

Sorry to say but I use eclipse without a problem :S

When i was pre-registered etc support where very quick to answer any
questions and I came online with BB about 6 days ahead of shedule :S

Liam

Old June 21st 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 21/06/2005 Tx2 wrote:

As per subject ..... for business use, unlimited. Which has the
better service/back-up of the two?

I've recently signed someone up to Eclipse, but there was a problem,
and it took 'forever' to get through to support. Someone I was
talking to on an unrelated matter then told me Demon would have been
better .....

Who would you choose?

I am with Demon and having plugged my WAP/Modem/Router in on 19th
January this year I haven't touched it since, just works away steadily,
no routing problems. I spoke to their service people a couple of times
about transferring my dial up domain name to BB and they just did that
as well.

They are in the process of moving some support functions to India, but
given a choice between Indian graduates and Essex boys and girls I
suspect it may mean a better service. You also get a fixed IP address,
unlimited mail boxes on your host name (i.e.
) - although you have to d/l the lot and
filter yourself. There's also Brightmail spam checking which seems
pretty good.

If the rumours are true it would be worth checking their web site
tomorrow.

--
Jeff Gaines
Damerham Hampshire UK

Old June 24th 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In ,
Linker3000 informed everyone :
Tx2 wrote:
As per subject ..... for business use, unlimited. Which has the
better service/back-up of the two?

I've recently signed someone up to Eclipse, but there was a problem,
and it took 'forever' to get through to support.
Someone I was talking to on an unrelated matter then told me Demon
would have been better .....

Who would you choose?

Zen

The question was who would you choose between Demon or Eclipse?
Which part of that did you not understand?

Old June 25th 05, 01:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 24/06/2005 Tx2 wrote:

The question was who would you choose between Demon or Eclipse?
Which part of that did you not understand?

Most of it apparently :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Damerham Hampshire UK
Old June 25th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

Who would you choose?

Zen

The question was who would you choose between Demon or Eclipse?
Which part of that did you not understand?

I think I agree, Since being bought by Kingston Communications Eclipse seems
to have lost sense of direction.
As for Demon support, well it appears to be outsourced to India. Had
completely silly answers last two times I rang (whilst upgrading some one
else to Broadband) and their Windows/98 (ugh) system would not recognise the
modem. Ended up re-installing OS and it worked but that was the one thing
they did not suggest.

Old June 26th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Corlett

David Wade wrote:
[...]
As for Demon support, well it appears to be outsourced to India. Had
completely silly answers last two times I rang [...]

I was with Demon in the mid-90s. At this time, their support team were
in the UK. Even then their support team were about as much use as a
chocolate teapot. The support number usually doubled up as the network
fault reporting and complaints line.

Fingering [email protected] suggests that the "whore's knickers" routing is
still present.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc
Old June 27th 05, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

wrote in message
On 26 Jun 2005 10:34:48 GMT, (Peter
Corlett) wrote:

David Wade wrote:
[...]
As for Demon support, well it appears to be outsourced to India. Had
completely silly answers last two times I rang [...]

I was with Demon in the mid-90s. At this time, their support team were
in the UK. Even then their support team were about as much use as a
chocolate teapot. The support number usually doubled up as the network
fault reporting and complaints line.

Fingering [email protected] suggests that the "whore's knickers" routing is
still present.

You must have had some bad experience with the support people at
Demon. I have never had any problems with them, but in the last ten
years with Demon I've not needed support very often. My last
experience with changes at Demon was an upgrade from dial to ADSL
retaining my old domain. It went like a dream - no support was needed.

So as you have not used it recently you can't comment on its current
efficiancy or lack thereof. I found the staff tended to assume you had the
common problem of lower power on the USB link and it wasn't. It also appears
that you have to move from Turnpike. I think it should say so in big red
letters at the front of the guide. It doesn't. I found it easier to move
from Freeserve to Eclipse than set up this mate on Demon ADSL...

http://www.easynn.com