2wire 1800hg

Old June 22nd 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spanna

Default 2wire 1800hg

Like an idiot I just bought a BT1800HG adsl wireless router from eba
without doing enough research.

It seemed a good price and I thought I was doing a mate a favour.

Seems it is designed to work only with BT Broadband straight out of th
box.

However it is basically a 2wire 1800HG so I assume either flashing th
firmware or using different drivers will get it to work.

Anybody here come across this before

Thanks

(I will be trying to set this up over the next few nights - If i get i
sorted I will report back

--
spanna
Old June 22nd 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"spanna" wrote in message

Like an idiot I just bought a BT1800HG adsl wireless router from ebay
without doing enough research.

It seemed a good price and I thought I was doing a mate a favour.

Seems it is designed to work only with BT Broadband straight out of the
box.

However it is basically a 2wire 1800HG so I assume either flashing the
firmware or using different drivers will get it to work.

Anybody here come across this before

Thanks

(I will be trying to set this up over the next few nights - If i get it
sorted I will report back)

--
spanna

We have one of these routers at work. Was originally for a BT adsl
provision, but have now used it on various ISPs. All we had to do is to
configure the device using the web-frontend