Why no 2MB on PlusNet here?

Old June 23rd 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

Default Why no 2MB on PlusNet here?

I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

and it shows for my phone number

Your exchange is enabled for ADSL!
There is capacity at your exchange for further ADSL connections.

The following level of service is available at your location:

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL
You can receive 1Mbps ADSL
You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
You can receive 256Kbps ADSL

But my router only shows a connection of 1Mbps.

Is there anything that can be done to increase the bandwidth to 2Mbps?

thanks

--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old June 23rd 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"John Perry" wrote in message
I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

and it shows for my phone number

Your exchange is enabled for ADSL!
There is capacity at your exchange for further ADSL connections.

The following level of service is available at your location:

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL
You can receive 1Mbps ADSL
You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
You can receive 256Kbps ADSL

But my router only shows a connection of 1Mbps.

Is there anything that can be done to increase the bandwidth to 2Mbps?

thanks

--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk

Yes. Sign up for the 2meg service and start paying for said service.

Old June 23rd 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

"ABC" wrote:

"John Perry" wrote in message
.. .
I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

and it shows for my phone number

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL

Yes. Sign up for the 2meg service and start paying for said service.

Ok, right, I am paying 29.99 for the 1Mbps contract with PlusNet, and I
thought they would automatically switch me to the 2Mbps which may cost
less.

Maybe I will phone them and discuss the options, but I know they are
good at posting here. Plusnet account name is Mangotree .
Old June 23rd 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

All of the exchange upgrades are due to be completed by the end of July so
you may be on one of those exchanges which hasn't yet. What exchange are you
on?

Dan

Old June 23rd 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

"Dan" d.d.com wrote:

All of the exchange upgrades are due to be completed by the end of July so
you may be on one of those exchanges which hasn't yet. What exchange are you
on?

Dan

Hayling which is due for an upgrade in August. I've just phoned
PlusNet, about a 3 minute wait and a 5 minute call. Outcome is:

I pay 14.99 now to get an immediate upgrade to 2MB and I pay 21.99 a
month from now.

Alternative was to save the 14.99 and wait for the auto-upgrade, but I
couldn't wait.

So easy and painless, and I should have phoned them first.

Old June 23rd 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"John Perry" wrote in message
"ABC" wrote:

"John Perry" wrote in message
. ..
I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

and it shows for my phone number

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL

Yes. Sign up for the 2meg service and start paying for said service.

Ok, right, I am paying 29.99 for the 1Mbps contract with PlusNet, and I
thought they would automatically switch me to the 2Mbps which may cost
less.

Maybe I will phone them and discuss the options, but I know they are
good at posting here. Plusnet account name is Mangotree .
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk

Didn't mean for my post to sound a little tough, but you did not say that
you were having an automatic increase from 1meg to 2meg from your ISP. Your
post gave the impression that as your line could handle 2meg, you wanted to
find a way to change your 1meg provision to a 2meg provision.

Old June 23rd 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

"ABC" wrote:

"John Perry" wrote in message
.. .
"ABC" wrote:

"John Perry" wrote in message
I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

and it shows for my phone number

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL

Yes. Sign up for the 2meg service and start paying for said service.

Ok, right, I am paying 29.99 for the 1Mbps contract with PlusNet, and I
thought they would automatically switch me to the 2Mbps which may cost
less.

Maybe I will phone them and discuss the options, but I know they are
good at posting here. Plusnet account name is Mangotree .
--

Didn't mean for my post to sound a little tough, but you did not say that
you were having an automatic increase from 1meg to 2meg from your ISP. Your
post gave the impression that as your line could handle 2meg, you wanted to
find a way to change your 1meg provision to a 2meg provision.

np, I was expecting an auto upgrade, especially since BT would have put
me on 2MB had I stayed with them.

Anyway, these ISPs are rather like the banks and dormant accounts in
that they don't necessarily tell you a better offer is available.

But key thing is I should be on 2M soon and paying 8/month less :-) but
with a 15 switch charge, and that's fine by me.

now.......just cant wait for 4M at 29.99 or 8M at 39.99 :-(

Old June 24th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Perry

John Perry wrote:

I have just checked this site with my home phone number:

Is there anything that can be done to increase the bandwidth to 2Mbps?

All done, upgraded and working at 2Mbps now :-(.