Plusnet satisfaction

Old June 23rd 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default Plusnet satisfaction

There is no doubt that I have read more about PlusNet on this newsgroup than I
would ever wish to know; it almost seems that the entire universe rates this
ISP as the best thing since sliced bread. OK some heavy users have been made
to jump ship but I also reckon there is a heavy churn rate of other users,
whose bandwidth requirements are way below the radar, that have gone to
pastures new, despite the accumulative referral fees they have picked up along
the way.

So in the interests of a balanced view of the true satisfaction levels of the
PlusNet service, let's be hearing from those that have left PlusNet and why.
It would make a change from the usual run of messages and could well indicate
that extensive research by prospective punters for a Broadband connectively
are blinded by price and see nothing more than that,

David Bradley

Old June 23rd 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:52:13 +0100, David Bradley
wrote:

it almost seems that the entire universe rates this
ISP as the best thing since sliced bread

did you subtract the referral code jockeys from your stats ?

Phil

Old June 24th 05, 01:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Phil T:
did you subtract the referral code jockeys from your stats ?

Why ? In order to benefit we (in fact both parties) have to stay with
PlusNet, so it follows
we are satisfied. The odd 50p saving will not keep us with PlusNet if the
service goes bad.
Regards,
Martin

Old June 24th 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 24 Jun 2005 01:26, "Martin²" wrote:

The odd 50p saving will not keep us with PlusNet if the service goes bad.

I expect they are sending you a cheque every month, by now, Martin.
Old June 24th 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

David Bradley wrote:

So in the interests of a balanced view of the true satisfaction levels of the
PlusNet service, let's be hearing from those that have left PlusNet and why.
It would make a change from the usual run of messages and could well indicate
that extensive research by prospective punters for a Broadband connectively
are blinded by price and see nothing more than that,

I was with PlusNet for a while using one of their unmetered ISDN
packages. I left because of their rather unfriendly handling of
the situation when I exceeded the acceptable usage limit.

Basically I was annnoyed because they sent me an E-Mail telling me
that I'd exceeded the limit but their system wasn't set up to handle a
reply to that E-Mail. I replied to the E-Mail and assumed they had
seen the reply. Since they then stopped my service I cancelled the
Direct Debit. They threatened to chase me for the money I 'owed' them
because I'd cancelled the direct debit too late to fulfil the strict
cancellation terms, however since they had ceased service already I
didn't think it was me who'd cancelled the contract. I heard nothing
further from them so I assume they either agreed with me or they
decided it wasn't worth their while to pursue things further.

--
Chris Green

Old June 24th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tim Hodgson wrote:
wrote:

their system wasn't set up to handle a
reply to that E-Mail. I replied to the E-Mail and assumed they had
seen the reply.

Er...???

I replied to the E-Mail and, if I remember correctly, it didn't even
bounce, it just disappeared into a black hole. It was only later when
I went onto their web site and navigated a twisty route to find what
had happened to it that I discovered that you can't communicate with
their support people by E-Mail (or you couldn't then anyway).

--
Chris Green

Old June 25th 05, 01:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

On 24 Jun 2005 01:26, "Martin²" wrote:
The odd 50p saving will not keep us with PlusNet if the service goes bad.

Peter M:
I expect they are sending you a cheque every month, by now, Martin.

I wish. Not even near, I have two 'BB Plus' connections to pay for, mine and
the ex & kids.
Regards,
Martin