2Mb Broadband Problem Nearly Resolved :/

Old June 24th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

Default 2Mb Broadband Problem Nearly Resolved :/

Hi,

I made a post earlier this week regarding my Plusnet 2Mb broadband and only
being supplied 1Mb. 2 other people in my street have 2Mb and we are very
close to the exchange so I thought there must have been a problem.

The BT engineer has been today and indeed there was a problem. Something
about a loop which he appears to have sorted. A few days ago the
Availability checker at samknows stated I could not receive 2Mb broadband
but this afternoon after the engineer had visited it changed and now says I
can receive 2Mb

The only problem is now is that BT have put me on this IPStream 1000
thinking that is all my line could support.

My question is who do I take this up with to get my speed increased? Plusnet
or BT? and is it likely they will do it anyway now the line is fixed.

Old June 24th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brownstar

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message

My question is who do I take this up with to get my speed increased?

Plusnet
or BT? and is it likely they will do it anyway now the line is fixed.

Plusnet, it's your ISPs job to liaise with BT wholesale and the regrade team
therein

If you have had a fault booked it's possible that the speed was dropped
intentionally as a 'fix' albeit temporary

Old June 24th 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

[...]

Sorry people I think I found the answer. Just been on Plusnet and it appears
my new house is on an exchange that has not been upgraded It states the
upgrades are due in July/August. So I guess this is why I am running at 1Mb

I think I read that you can pay 14.99 to have it done quicker though so I
may enquire about that.

Thanks for your previous posts.

Old July 21st 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

I have the same problem, samknows say I can have 2 MB, I have a line
length of about 400 m, 10 db line loss, yet plus net are saying my line
will only support 1 MB, how accurate is samknows, and how do I find out
what my exchange will support. UKOnline say they are able to supply me
with 6-8MB so I think plus net are pulling a fast one

Old July 22nd 05, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 21 Jul 2005 15:01:31 -0700, "Ken" wrote:

I have the same problem, samknows say I can have 2 MB, I have a line
length of about 400 m, 10 db line loss, yet plus net are saying my line
will only support 1 MB

www.bt.com/broadband is definitive.

https://dslreseller.tiscali-business.co.uk/avail/llu/index.html
might be interesting too.