2mb Possible

Old June 25th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FooAtari

Default 2mb Possible

I signed up for 2mb, but my ISP has advised me that BT has said that I can
only receive 1mb. I am less than 2k from exchange and their is no problems
with the exchange, I want to know if my line attenuation is ok:

Showtime Firmware Version: 3.46
Line State: SHOWTIME
Modulation: G.dmt
Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
Startup Attempts: 1
Max Tx Power: -38 dBm/Hz
CO Vendor: ALCATEL_NETWORK
Elaspsed Time: 0 days 12 hours 37 minutes 2 seconds

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 24.1 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 42.8 31.5 dB
Errored Seconds 35 20
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 36 23
Data Rate 1152 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Thanks

--
Im too young for this s**t!

Live GamerTag - FooAtari

My games collection and Live games:
http://www.fooatari.plus.com/

www.revs.tv - Motorsport Internet TV.
Old June 25th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Eagles

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 24.1 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 42.8 31.5 dB
Errored Seconds 35 20
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 36 23
Data Rate 1152 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Your attenuation and SNR are better than mine and I'm happily surfing on
2Mbit.

The BT Wholesale downstream attenuation limit for 2Mbit is 43dB so
you're within spec - my router shows I'm getting 51dB so in theory I
shouldn't be able to get it.

~P.
Old June 25th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fredbloggstwo

"FooAtari" wrote in message
. 2.85...
[...]

Check to see if your exchange has LLU - if so, change your ISP and you will
probably get a great deal more that 2M. I am 3.4 km from my exchange and
get a healthy 5.5Mb from UK online.

Cheers, Mike

Old June 25th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FooAtari

"fredbloggstwo" wrote in
:

LLU

It doesnt have LLU but says it supports 2mb so I should still be ok.

Old June 25th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FooAtari

Paul Eagles wrote in news:42bdc027$0$2605
:

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 24.1 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 42.8 31.5 dB
Errored Seconds 35 20
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 36 23
Data Rate 1152 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Your attenuation and SNR are better than mine and I'm happily surfing on
2Mbit.

The BT Wholesale downstream attenuation limit for 2Mbit is 43dB so
you're within spec - my router shows I'm getting 51dB so in theory I
shouldn't be able to get it.

~P.

Thanks, think Ill get my ISP to push it through.

Old June 26th 05, 06:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 25 Jun 2005 21:03 GMT, FooAtari wrote:

It doesnt have LLU but says it supports 2mb so I should still be ok.

They should all support 2000 kbps... it's only the other services that
might not be present (or rather, aren't present) at most exchanges...
Easynet and Bulldog LLU services, if available, can offer much higher
(but I don't have any figures for what line attenuation they'd block a
customer from using them). Peter M.

USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old June 26th 05, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 25 Jun 2005 21:03:36 GMT, FooAtari
wrote:

Thanks, think Ill get my ISP to push it through.

good luck. www.bt.com/broadband is the automatic system that probably
shows you can only have 1M (you are right on BT's limit).

a manual order with an ISP should swing it.

Phil