Demon Home 2mb?

Old June 26th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Default Demon Home 2mb?

Seems OK for 19.99 pm, and according to the website, it's unlimited.
Can't get hold of their customer services to confirm this (seems
doubtful) but does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge
please? Quite keen to sign up, but not if ther's some kind of hidden
cap or speed restriction. Thanks - Peter

Old June 26th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blackmesa8

I dont know about demon, why dont you just go with zen and be sure of
reliable and uncapped service not having to worry about anything

oups.com...

Old June 26th 05, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 26 Jun 2005 13:44, "Blackmesa8" wrote:

why dont you just go with zen and be sure of reliable and
uncapped service not having to worry about anything

I'm sure I read they were reducing their prices on 2005/06/01 but from the
current charges, I'm far from surprised that the OP is looking at cheaper
alternatives. Given Demon (for 19.99) and Plus.Net (for 14.99 or 21.99)
will provide 'as fast as your line will cope with' (ie up to 2000 kbps),
why would someone want to pay 21.27 for 500 kbps, 25.52 for 1000 kbps, or
29.78 for 2000 kbps (and all PLUS VAT)... Still, I see one can have 8 IP
addresses with Zen, and there are plenty of supporters willing to pay the
fees, so they must be doing 'OK' at worst :-) Peter M.
Old June 26th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Blackmesa8" wrote:

I dont know about demon, why dont you just go with zen and be sure of
reliable and uncapped service not having to worry about anything

Because it's 15 a month more I guess :-) I used to be with Zen,
they're a very, very good ISP but having jumped ship recently to save a
bit of money, so far I've no regrets.

The only downside I can see with the Demon offer is I think it's a 12
month contract, I'm always wary of those unless you can "buy out" simply
by paying back the subsidised connection cost.

cheers,
Paul

Old June 26th 05, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Peter P" wrote in message
oups.com...
Seems OK for 19.99 pm, and according to the website, it's unlimited.
Can't get hold of their customer services to confirm this (seems
doubtful) but does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge
please? Quite keen to sign up, but not if ther's some kind of hidden
cap or speed restriction. Thanks - Peter

Hi Peter

I use Demon, and would highly recommend them.
I can confirm that there are no restrictions / no caps - either upload or
download.

Old June 26th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article , Blackmesa8
writes
I dont know about demon, why dont you just go with zen and be sure of
reliable and uncapped service not having to worry about anything

"Peter P" wrote in message
roups.com...
Seems OK for 19.99 pm, and according to the website, it's unlimited.
Can't get hold of their customer services to confirm this (seems
doubtful) but does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge
please? Quite keen to sign up, but not if ther's some kind of hidden
cap or speed restriction. Thanks - Peter

Demon has never capped their broadband. The difference between Home and
HomeOffice (apart from expense) is the Home BB used dynamic IP
addressing, and HomeOffice static. There is a few other differences.

Customer services work Monday to Friday 08.00 am to 5.00 pm.

--
John Clark
Old June 26th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 26 Jun 2005 16:56, "Gizmo" wrote:

I can confirm that there are no restrictions / no caps - either upload
or download.

FWIW, while AAISP has some pretty hard downloading limits on some accounts
for a small radio/audio streaming service, they don't count upload traffic
so pumping out your webcam or audio would seem fine with them... They've a
good reputation for networking and I've seen no complaints about staff.

[ Probably no interest to original poster, but my 2p about www.aa.nu :-]

USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)